Parents Canadian levels?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi. I'm new here, although I've been visiting for quite some time now. I have two girls who are competing right now USAG levels 6 and 9, and one in pre-school classes. My dh is possibly being transferred to Quebec for work. I was hoping someone could give me an explanation of the Canadian levels, or a link to an older post on it. Funny how we could be moving out of the states, and there are a million other things we could be trying to figure out, yet our focus is still gymnastics!! You are all a wonderful group, glad to finally be "official". Thank you in advance.

I can totally help you out! I live in Quebec and I know the levels pretty well. I will link you to the website and the english docs that are availble. The girls ages are significant here as they could point the girls to either provincial or national gymnastics.

A level 6 gymnast would be either P2 or P3 in Quebec, though if she is very young there are national levels that could fit as well. A L9 gymnast, depending on her age, could be a P5 or national level gymnast.

There is also a developmental programme aimed at the 4-11 year olds called Defi which is worth a look at mfor your little one, the docs are all on the Federation website, but are only available in French.

Here is the link to the Quebec version of the CPP, Canadian Provincial Programme, translated into English. http://www.gymnastique.qc.ca/doc/2008-2009/00003153_CPP%20Charts%20EN%20-%20FINAL%20SEPT%202009%20version%20QC.pdf

Here is the link to the Quebec gymnastic federations website gymnastique. Most of it is in French of course and there is no English equivalent.

We use the FIG scoring system here, just like in Elite gym, and that takes some adjustment. Also our girls tend to only compete in 3 or 4 meets a year. All our levels are optional and within each of the levels the girls can perform a variety of skills, makes it very intersting to watch and plays up to a gymmies strengths.

There are some great clubs in the Montreal area, clubs away from Montreal tend not to be as successful or prolific in producing great gymnasts due to geographical issues.

Ask anything you need, I imagine relocating for work is a huge deal and with children it just gets more complicated.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back