WAG Do you think I qualifies for regionals with a 36.55 aa? I got south aa

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

Sarahthegymnast

So first off, I have no clue which region I live in( the north east) and they take the top percentage, but I really have no idea what they meant

Xcel Gold right? All regions are probably different, but I'm assuming you might be Region 5. For R5 Xcel Regional, I believe that it's an invitational and a Championship.

For the Invitational side anyone can go (no score required, just show up).

For the Championship side it is a placement. I believe last year it was top 7 scores at State regardless of age bracket. So top 7 Xcel Gold scores of the entire State meet. I don't know a lot about Xcel, so maybe that has changed for 2015. Below is what I found on 2014 Xcel Regional
Qualification
Division 1-Xcel lnvitational
  • All gymnasts are invited
  • No qualification score
  • No qualification meet
  • Awards for individual event and All-Around
  • Team Awards
Division 2-Championship Division
  • State Teams are determined by the top 7 gymnasts from each state with the highest AA score in each of the Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond divisions, REGARDLESS of age. (Ie. Top 7 Sliver, Top 7 Gold, Top 7 Platinum, etc.)
  • Each State Team will receive a Free custom leotard
  • All entries must be turned in to the State Meet host at the State Meet.
  • The "Championship " session will be on the last day of competition.

Region 6 requirements:
QUALIFYING CRITERIA:

Qualification will take place at the State Championships. States not hosting Championship events may determine
the qualifying criteria.

The top [ 7 ] gymnasts in each division will qualify as the state team. An additional 60 qualifiers [All Stars] will be
selected on a % of a % formula. This formula will be determined using the State Xcel membership as of 2/1/15.

Region 6 requirements:
QUALIFYING CRITERIA:

Qualification will take place at the State Championships. States not hosting Championship events may determine
the qualifying criteria.

The top [ 7 ] gymnasts in each division will qualify as the state team. An additional 60 qualifiers [All Stars] will be
selected on a % of a % formula. This formula will be determined using the State Xcel membership as of 2/1/15.

Thanks you so much! I really hope I do. But do YOU think i will?

Which state? Massachusetts has the most people, so they have the highest percentage. Maybe 15-20 people will go. I hope you do because that will mean I might make it, but I don't think so. I may be wrong though because I only know some scores from my session. Maybe the scores weren't that high, and you'll get in.

I know she is banned not sure if she is still reading.

If it was NY Level Gold 36.55 wouldn't qualify. And they announce the team at awards of the last session for the level. I am sure your coaches already know.

I know she is banned not sure if she is still reading.

If it was NY Level Gold 36.55 wouldn't qualify. And they announce the team at awards of the last session for the level. I am sure your coaches already know.
It was MA, not NY... but she still didn't qualify since she was 91st on the list (EVEN if they awarded ALL ties as the same overall place, then she was tied for 40th with 90 girls having higher scores ... But I am pretty sure it is only if there is a tie for the last place that they count them as one.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back