Parents Flippers Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flipper competed in a very fun meet this weekend. It was a Pink Ribbon Invitational at which they raise money for breast cancer research. The top 6 junior and senior competitors in level 8, 9 & 10 are invited back for a fun meet on Saturday evening (so they can charge an even higher entrance fee, but you have to go watch your kid!). Each gymnasts can only compete in two events at the "Finals". Flipper qualified in beam and vault. At the finals, instead of everybody competing at the same time, an announcer introduced each girl before each event and read a very short bio, so spectators got to watch each routine - and each gymnast knew all eyes were on her. Flipper was the picture of grace under pressure and came through with a nice vault and great beam routine. I have uploaded a picture of her switch leap on beam during the regular competition in the gallery. I think it is spectacular - when she saw it, Flipper gasped and said that she isn't supposed to make fists with her hands.

Last edited:
Wow! Flipper did very well to have qualified. She must have loved the spotlight:)

Wow that must have been very cool with the bios...:)
I am going to check out the picture now!
Congrats to her!

That is a beautiful leap. tell her I didn't notice her fists as the leap was so awesome! Sounds like a really fun meet and how nice to get that extra special treatment.

Very cool with the bios, etc.! Congrats to her on what must have been a great meet!

Congrats!!! How fun to be invited back and then to be in the spotlight. Her switch leap is beautiful!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back