WAG front tumbling - with or without FH easier

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

estella

Do you think front tumbling from a handspring (like FH FL FT) or just the saltos without the handspring (FL FT) is easier?

DD says it is easier to do with the FHS. It gives you some momentum for the next skills. That said she can do a standing front tuck and does standing front pikes on layouts on the tramp.

both are each difficult in their own right. depends on who is doing it.

I think it's easier with the front handspring, it give me a little extra power, but if you were to ask some of my other teammates they'd say the opposite

It's very individual. I have some gymnasts who get a lot more power when they use the front handspring and others who do better without it.

DD had a horrible FT in old L6. She either fell or landed it low at every meet. At her last meet (after another near crash), DH ran into her coach shortly after the floor rotation. He told him not to worry about it, because some gymnasts do much better when they have something leading into the salto. He was right -- her FHS-FT was not fantastic, but it was never a problem. The kid still does not have a great solo FT, even though she's working on FHS-FP and FHS-FLO on the floor now.

My Dd also says the FHS FLO FT is easier than the FLO FT. But others on her team are not doing the FHS into it. Definately based on the kid.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back