Funny observation from my 7yo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LoriLou

Proud Parent
She just asked me why the men don't have music for their floor routine. I have no idea, so like most moms I made something up. I told her that with music it might be too girly and like dancing. Without music seems stronger and more masculine. Her response? "Well they should do floor routine to some rap or hip hop."

After seeing the men perform to music at the Gymnastics Superstars show in 2008, I totally think they should.

No, no, and NO!

If I wanted to see guys dance, I suppose I would watch ballet or those fitness aerobic routines. Or Men's rhythmic. Again, no. Or maybe cheerlead. Again, no.

Gymnastics in the US has a bad enough image problem. We need to get rid of leos. Shorts, pants, and bare chests or maybe Underarmor type shirts. No more bikini cut leos with shorts or pants over. We need to differentiate ourselves from WAG.

However, a bit more artistry would be appreciated. 5 or 6 tumbling passes with a press HS or floor circle/flairs gets ho-hum when every competitor does the same. Perhaps, an artistry bonus with more acrobatic skills as a requirement group.

Bob, put the men shorts with no shirts! That would distinguish you. I agree, you could get rid of the singlets. I'm also in favor of women competing in tight tank tops and shorts.

Ryan Lochte can barely bother himself to put on a shirt for a photo shoot and how much money *he* makes.

Bob, put the men shorts with no shirts! That would distinguish you. I agree, you could get rid of the singlets. I'm also in favor of women competing in tight tank tops and shorts.
I'd like to see the "women" wearing a little more. I say "women" as they're mostly girls in the Olympics. They don't need to have their butts halfway out of their leos.

I'd like to see the "women" wearing a little more. I say "women" as they're mostly girls in the Olympics. They don't need to have their butts halfway out of their leos.

That's what I thought when we were helping out with a college meet. I told Kathy, "If you had a leo that fit like that, I would tell you that you had outgrown it and sell it at the consignment sale!" Something about the leos riding up their butts making their legs look longer and their lines look nicer? I don't know. I think it just looks like they're on the verge of a major wedgie!

Something about the leos riding up their butts making their legs look longer and their lines look nicer? I don't know. I think it just looks like they're on the verge of a major wedgie!

I always wonder whether they are using double-stick tape to keep those leotards in place.

It would be interesting to see if Men's Gymnastics would get higher attendance in college if they went topless. Why not with all the other men's sports that are topless.

Ehh, I would rather see the gals in leos than sports bras and shorts. It makes it lot more elegant. It's not women's volleyball or cheerleading practice.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure that leotards are always forming a wedgie or have formed a wedgie.

Honestly, many of the collegiate female gymnasts look better with the leos on than sports bras and shorts. Stick to the leos, keep attendance high.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the women are fine... The alternative is shorts, which, could get in the way, and they would look really bad in them. The tank tops would come down when they are doing handstands on bars and would get in the way. Sports bra's are a big NO, these are teenage girls. Some don't like showing a lot of skin, like me. I know those girls are really fit and strong, but I think a lot of girls wouldn't compete in sports bras.

Gymnastics > Diving and who cares about water polo...or swimming for that matter. Way too many events, even worse when it's multiple laps.

Again, the girls in sport bras and shorts would look way tacky.

Whereas, we don't need to see gussied up men. That's what men's figure skating is about...which should just be thrown out for pairs. We already have hockey.

What's next, men's acro/ballet err that would be rhythmic. Pass. How about instead of co-ed cheerleaders, they just make it men's cheerleaders. Triple pass.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back