Coaches Got new equipment and need ideas.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Aero

Coach
So recently I convinced my boss to buy me and the gym some new equipment and some of it came in yesterday. It was like Christmas! :D Anyways, we got a Forster bar and some 1 ft and 2 ft fun sticks, along with some ultimate straps and an awesome floor bar, all from Tumbl Trak. We're also getting 10 pairs of sliders, some vault runway tape that velcros to the floor, and a vault trainer system from Tumbl Trak. I already have a bunch of drills and uses for the equipment but I want to know if any of you coaches out there have found some really great uses for the Forster bar, fun sticks, or sliders. Any ideas or drills that you've seen great progress from? Or perhaps some cool conditioning ideas for these that you've come up with? I'd love to pick up some unique or original ideas for using this equipment that I may not have thought of. Thanks everyone!

Fun sticks are good to use if an athlete is travelling too much. eg on a standing tuck, set up a fun stick behind an athlete so they can visually see and try not to go beyond that point. That helps the athlete to jump up rather than out. You could also use them as a sort of soft beam (if you have long fun sticks) to practice hand stands and walking hand stands.

Is they are the funsticks that stick to the walls then then my coach has us do handstands against the wall and hold the stick between out feet and have no part of out body touching the wall. It's a lot harder than normal handstand hold :)

The sliders came in! I now have 10 pairs of sliders. There's so many! It's freaking AWESOME! I've already been putting them to good use. Does anyone have some crazy awesome drills, stretching, or conditioning ideas for these things that they'd like to share? I'd love to hear some personal favorites.

we got a Forster bar and some 1 ft and 2 ft fun sticks, along with some ultimate straps and an awesome floor bar, all from Tumbl Trak. We're also getting 10 pairs of sliders, some vault runway tape that velcros to the floor, and a vault trainer system from Tumbl Trak. I already have a bunch of drills and uses for the equipment but I want to know if any of you coaches out there have found some really great uses for the Forster bar, fun sticks, or sliders. Any ideas or drills that you've seen great progress from? Or perhaps some cool conditioning ideas for these that you've come up with?

Have you checked the TumbleTrak YouTube channel? :)

I had a few Forster bars made (this was before TumbleTrak began selling them) with the wheels at varying size, after visiting Aerials in Colorado. I like them, but find limited usage beyond a certain point.

Tons of slider drills. I think John Smith of NASA might have had an even longer video up at one point than the one shown on the TumbleTrak site. If not him, then it was someone else.

And yes, nice video find, Marie. ;)

Aero, if you scroll back through that channel, you'll find some more examples of sliders and the Forster bar in use.

@marie83 | Great video! I really enjoyed when the Speed Racer theme kicked in haha! That seems like great conditioning and it's fun at the same time, which is always great. Finding ways for conditioning to be fun is not always easy.

@wordsmith | I'd love to see John Smith's Slider video. Do you know where to find it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back