Hips locking

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2twingymnasts

Proud Parent
My daughter's hips are locking when doing press handstands. My daughter was just starting to work press handstands again for TOPs. Last summer during TOPs testing season she could easily do 20 clean press handstands in a row. Now she can do 10 but her hips are locking and when she is done and comes down her hips crack. She is now at a gym that doesn't do TOPs but I'm concerned about her hips locking. They started locking on her at practice yesterday when doing BHS or BT on beam. At her previous gym they had started doing some intense endurance training that included lots of drills/exercises in a squated position. Could this have strained my daughter's hips? Is there anything she should be doing to loosen her hips? Could this just be from growing?

definitely not normal. doctor time. when my hip was locking I had a labral tear. many things it could be but only the doctor can help. good luck.

she shouldn't do any stretching until the Doc sees her. i too would be concerned of a labral tear. don't want to alarm you but do nothing out of the ordinary until she's seen.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back