WAG JO to x cel mobility rules?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SHELOVESGYM

Proud Parent
If my daughter has competed level 3 can she compete silver in 2017 or does she have to go to gold? She is very far from ready for gold and may have to wait out a season if this is indeed the rule. If this is the case is there any way to petition around it?

The coach needs to contact the Regional Xcel chairperson to see if that chairperson has created a Region-specific petition. If not (or if the coach doesn't feel like it), the coach can send an email to the SACC explaining the situation and requesting entry into Xcel Silver.

@raenndrops will be able to answer this better than I can......but this is what I have gathered from it.

The mobility rules have changed this year and technically yes a L3 is now supposed to enter Xcel at the Gold level. A lot of people think that is a bit extreme, given that certain skills like the silver vault are actually a step up from L3. There are some exceptions about score out meets, etc but I don't think that would apply to L3 since gyms don't have to score out for L3. However, she can be petitioned into silver, and I think that all is requires is an email sent in with the info and reasoning. Raenn will be able to tell you for sure, she's been a huge help to a lot of us as this also threw us for a loop this season since my dd who was going to compete gold, had one L5 score out meet this summer and her coach moved her up to L6. Later we figured out that since it was a score out meet, she could have technically stayed in gold without petitioning but coach has chosen to keep her where she is for now.

Attached the mobility chart

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    224.6 KB · Views: 55
The coach needs to contact the Regional Xcel chairperson to see if that chairperson has created a Region-specific petition. If not (or if the coach doesn't feel like it), the coach can send an email to the SACC explaining the situation and requesting entry into Xcel Silver.

We posted at the same time lol! I knew you would be the lady to answer this one! ;););)

Thanks! Is this fairly easy to get? Or are they likely to question the request making it tough for the coach?

@raenndrops will be able to answer this better than I can......but this is what I have gathered from it.

The mobility rules have changed this year and technically yes a L3 is now supposed to enter Xcel at the Gold level. A lot of people think that is a bit extreme, given that certain skills like the silver vault are actually a step up from L3. There are some exceptions about score out meets, etc but I don't think that would apply to L3 since gyms don't have to score out for L3. However, she can be petitioned into silver, and I think that all is requires is an email sent in with the info and reasoning. Raenn will be able to tell you for sure, she's been a huge help to a lot of us as this also threw us for a loop this season since my dd who was going to compete gold, had one L5 score out meet this summer and her coach moved her up to L6. Later we figured out that since it was a score out meet, she could have technically stayed in gold without petitioning but coach has chosen to keep her where she is for now.

Attached the mobility chart

Thanks!

Thanks! Is this fairly easy to get? Or are they likely to question the request making it tough for the coach?
Its really easy to get. She was L3. Silver is still a step up. Basically, they should just rubber stamp the coach's decision.
"Little Suzie competed Level 3 last year. She is transitioning to Xcel. She does not have the skills necessary to compete Xcel Gold (because she does not have a full turn on beam or two beam acro skills, she lacks two acro flight series on floor, and she is not ready to jump to the high bar), so I am requesting permission to have her compete Xcel Silver. Thank you, Coach John Doe, Head Coach of MyGym Gymnastics Center"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back