Parents Kayla Level 5 Meet Report - FINALLY!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kayla just keeps improving. She improved on all 4 events.

She got 1st on Beam, 4th on Bars, and 7th on Floor.

She still walked her vault, but I think it is a bad habit now. She looked like she had enough power, heel drive, and body position. Oh well, still seeing improvement. I'm just so proud of her. It was sooooo awesome to watch her face when they announced her name for Beam, she was BEAMing!!! I know bad pun, but what can I say :)

[video=youtube;0xHgX6FbGqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xHgX6FbGqI[/video]

Thanks everyone for watching and for your support!!!

Great job Kayla!! Split leap on floor was gorgoues--great extension! She also dances doesn't she?? It definitely shows!!

Good for her! I really enjoyed watching and I bet she will get that vault down soon. Congrats Kayla!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I read them to Kayla and she said Thanks!

Kay is 9 and just started taking dance in September but dance has always. Een a strength for her.

She got an 8.85 on floor and her coach says she got ripped off. She took an extra hop on her FHS and had bent legs on her first BHS so maybe that was it. Comp was pretty stiff but she was happy with herself and her performance. I was thrilled and amazed. She's come soooo far at the new gym.

Thanks again eveeyone.

Sue Z.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I read them to Kayla and she said Thanks!

Kay is 9 and just started taking dance in September but dance has always. Een a strength for her.

She got an 8.85 on floor and her coach says she got ripped off. She took an extra hop on her FHS and had bent legs on her first BHS so maybe that was it. Comp was pretty stiff but she was happy with herself and her performance. I was thrilled and amazed. She's come soooo far at the new gym.

Thanks again eveeyone.

Sue Z.

OK, so obviously I'm not a judge, but I when I replied earlier, I was thinking WHY did she get 7th place, I thought her floor routine was really, really, really good ;)

Glad your daughter did so well and is happy at her new gym. She looked really great! Good luck to her the rest of the season. Gymnastee this sport is really tough I do not know if your daughter has competed yet but 7th place is good at some of these meets, some of the competition is just crazy. Placement and scores do not always match up. My daughter got her highest bar score of the season this past meet and did not even place eventhough they went out 12 places where a couple meets back she scored much lower and came in first. Daughter's friend got a 9 on beam and it was like 6th place at our last meet. Alot of it depends on the competition and age groups. It is better to just focus on improving and the gymnast being happy with her performance. This is my daughters 4th year competing and she is 10 and she has learned this lesson. She focuses on her improvements not the medals although she does like to get medals.

Glad your daughter did so well and is happy at her new gym. She looked really great! Good luck to her the rest of the season. Gymnastee this sport is really tough I do not know if your daughter has competed yet but 7th place is good at some of these meets, some of the competition is just crazy. Placement and scores do not always match up. My daughter got her highest bar score of the season this past meet and did not even place eventhough they went out 12 places where a couple meets back she scored much lower and came in first. Daughter's friend got a 9 on beam and it was like 6th place at our last meet. Alot of it depends on the competition and age groups. It is better to just focus on improving and the gymnast being happy with her performance. This is my daughters 4th year competing and she is 10 and she has learned this lesson. She focuses on her improvements not the medals although she does like to get medals.

That why I didn't reply with my remarks about 7th place the first time; I didn't want you to take it the wrong way. Guess, I shouldn't said anything more. I just thought she did a great job on floor and nope, my daughter is only training.

Congratulations to Kayla! I watched her videos on youtube and thought she did great! She was beautiful on floor and beam - her leap is incredible!! Plus the steps out of the FHS, while I know they caused deductions, were because she has a ton of power coming out of that skill. That is good news for the next levels!

That why I didn't reply with my remarks about 7th place the first time; I didn't want you to take it the wrong way. Guess, I shouldn't said anything more. I just thought she did a great job on floor and nope, my daughter is only training.

PGM didn't mean anything negative by her reply to your post. Just explaining how different scores/placement can be from how well your gymmie does. I appreciate your remarks. So does everyone. Thanks for everything you said.

Congratulations to Kayla! I watched her videos on youtube and thought she did great! She was beautiful on floor and beam - her leap is incredible!! Plus the steps out of the FHS, while I know they caused deductions, were because she has a ton of power coming out of that skill. That is good news for the next levels!

Thanks!!! Power is a very new thing for her and that is exactly what I told DD. She just has to get used to that power and learn how to control the landings. She's so happy.

Great job Kayla!

My dd was at that meet too. She competed (her first meet ever) as a L3 on Friday.

Cool! I hope she had a great meet. Dalmatian is Kayla's favorite meet. She will probably only have one more year there. :( Our higher level girls don't usually go to Dalmatian.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back