Parents L4 State Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
First of all I must say I am so proud if my DD and her teammates, they did awesome.

DD did very well. I was hoping she would finish in the top half of her age group and she did!! There were 21 girls in her age group. They gave out medals to 11th.

She also had her personal best floor and AA scores. Judging was very difficult in bars especially.

Floor 9.200 - 6th place
Bars. 8.850 - 8th place
Vault. 8.950 - 13th place, no medal
Beam. 8.950 - 5th place

AA - 35.950 - 9th place and oh so close to the 36 we were hoping to hit !!!

There are 6 girls on her L4 team ( we ate up from 4, 2 came from another gym about a month ago). They took home 5th place team out of 36 teams !!! How awesome is that !!!!

So proud of them !!!!!!!!

If she can get her Kip and vault she will move on to L5, but for now it will be on to Rookie 2 for the winter season of Prep Op. Her first meet is January 9th.

Congrats to her!! And a huge congrats to her little team doing so well, too. Hope she has fun doing Rookie 2 in the spring and we are sending her the kip and vault fairy. :D

Awesome job! She had a great state meet! So close to that 36! I hope she has a ton of fun this spring doing prep op. It's very cool that the girls can do both in the same year. Sending vault and kip vibes your way!

Meg

She did sooo good! So close to that 36! It is so nice when everything comes together for a state meet! I keep seeing prep op mentioned here but I'm not sure what it is. She gets to do her own routines? That sounds so fun! Good Luck to her on her kip...I bet she gets it soon!! And Congrats on a great state meet!

She did sooo good! So close to that 36! It is so nice when everything comes together for a state meet! I keep seeing prep op mentioned here but I'm not sure what it is. She gets to do her own routines? That sounds so fun! Good Luck to her on her kip...I bet she gets it soon!! And Congrats on a great state meet!

Prep Op is lots of fun for the girls. It has levels ( in NC they are Rookie 1, Rookie 2, Novice, Premier, Prep 1). Each level has specific skill requirements. As long as they are met all is good. No specific poses or steps etc. My DD is competing Rookie 2 - if she had her Kip she would have done Novice. She got her beam routine last night, still needs some tweaking. She is excited because she is doing her BWO on beam. She will get her own ( well, probably some of the other girls will have same music but own routine to it) floor music too. I think her floor music is 'Low' ( apple bottom jeans) unless they changed it.

Wow Congrats to your dd on having a great State meet!!!! Can't wait to here about her prep op season she will have so much fun!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back