Parents Level 4 state meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
OK states has come and gone. It seems like yesterday I was thinking this season would never start, and here we are half way thru with states being done.

I wish I could tell you that I had a state champ on something, but I don't, I do have the vault and all around runner up in my house. Bug had three personal bests today. What a great way to end level 4. She will do one more meet as a 4 in Cancun, then the remaining 4 meets as a 5.

This weeks preactice was definately not her best, but luckily she knows how to turn it on for the real thing.

First up vault: she was 2nd in this rotation to go. Had a problem last meet where she missed her second vault. No worries here, great vault all around and a personal best of 9.65 good for 2nd place with first being 9.7--so close.

Bars: This is where practice was the worst for her this week, with the coaches getting after her for really bent arms on the front hip circle and finishing on her belly or chest. Still with bent arms, but finished closer to her hips. I found out that I am really not good at charades as they did not flash her score and her coach was trying to use her fingers across the gym to tell me her score. THere was a lot of misinformation as many of us were coming up with different score, it ended up being 9.3 highest for this fall season and good for 5th place.

Beam: Few wobbles, nothing really stood out, received 9.175 good for 3rd place.

Floor: Another personal best. Bug really needs to work on her split leap, I think it is what holds her back. 9.550 good for 6t, but 7th place. Lots of ties ahead of her.

All-Around: another personal best with a 37.675 good for state runner up with a total of 43 girls competing in her age group.

And the cherry on top of this is her team took 2nd place. A beautiful red banner coming home to the gym. This was the second year that our gym competed at the compulsory state meet, with the first time being 2 years ago with 4 level 4's. I do not think that many in the state really knew of our gym. Well they do now. Also our level 5's were 8th, and our 6's 6th. A successful meet all together.

Here is the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn0HI58zllg

Last edited:
Very nice! Other than the few deductions that you already pointed out, they were near perfect routines. Congrats.

Amazing!! Congrats to Bug!! 2nd place AA out of sooo many girls is just awesome!!! I thought she looked beautiful out there. And how awesome to get 2nd place team!!! I am sure they are all proud and Bugs scores were definitely part of that team win! On to L5 for her, I am sure she is excited!

Way to go Bug!!

I cant wait to watch the video with Midget later.

What amazing scores! She is more than ready for Level 5! And what an accomplishment for the team! They know who you are now for sure!!!

Wow! Awesome scores! Congratulations to Bug on her fantastic placements and scores at the State meet.

Meg

What an amazing meet! Her floor is just gorgeous. I love her Handstand Bridge kickover.. it was so controlled!

Way to go Bug! Have fun in MEXICO!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back