WAG Level 5 extension roll

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sglemon

Proud Parent
In the new level 5 they do an extension roll, up into a handstand, then finish down on their toes in a pike position. What part on their toes are they suppose to land on in the pike position? The very tips like when you are en pointe or the bottom of the toes like in relieve? It was a big discussion last night and no one seemed to know for sure. The unsure is driving my dd nuts!

also what is it, with not sticking landings! Their handstand on beam ends in 3 steps. They were practicing that over and over . It is funny how 3 quick steps can mess up you line, many falls! Also all the tumbling on floor ends in a step.

In the new level 5 they do an extension roll, up into a handstand, then finish down on their toes in a pike position. What part on their toes are they suppose to land on in the pike position? The very tips like when you are en pointe or the bottom of the toes like in relieve? It was a big discussion last night and no one seemed to know for sure. The unsure is driving my dd nuts!

also what is it, with not sticking landings! Their handstand on beam ends in 3 steps. They were practicing that over and over . It is funny how 3 quick steps can mess up you line, many falls! Also all the tumbling on floor ends in a step.

Do they land in a pike and stop or is there something else after that? If anyone remember the old, old routines... the level 6 did a back extension roll, came down in a pike and then to their knees... if that's the case then I would guess it would be on their very tips... but I am only guessing

As for beam, I'm assuming the 3 steps is preparing them for a series, like out of a back handspring... but I am only guess here as well :)

Do they land in a pike and stop or is there something else after that? If anyone remember the old, old routines... the level 6 did a back extension roll, came down in a pike and then to their knees... if that's the case then I would guess it would be on their very tips... but I am only guessing

As for beam, I'm assuming the 3 steps is preparing them for a series, like out of a back handspring... but I am only guess here as well :)
Yes, in the back extension roll, they come down to a pike, then sit on your knees, then rise into a kneeling position, followed by the split.

They do land on the tips of their toes and then lower down to a kneel. I had my girls working this yesterday and had all the girls come down onto a piece of cushy foam b/c the first couple times they all tried it they were dropping down so hard all their little toes were cracking!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back