Parents Level 5 start bar routine over

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom33

Proud Parent
Hi, my daughter completely had a brain freeze and after she did her low bar kip, she then did her mini giant (which is supposed to be on the high bar) but she did it on the low bar then she realized her goof and just got off the bars confused what to do next. The coaches brought the spring board back and she saluted again and started all over. What is the deduction for that? Just curious. And would any of her skills on her 2nd time through count? I have never seen anyone do this before. Bummer she was in 3rd place up until that major woopsie!

Well she did the wrong skill so not sure how you determine the form deductions. Given her score in relation to her usual score, I assume it was about a 2 point deduction.

I would've deducted for execution on everything she did before starting over (unless it was perfect :)) plus .5 for the fall and another .3 for doing skills out of order plus execution deductions for the whole routine once she remounted. Add another .2 if she communicated with her coach in any way before jumping off the bar.

MuffinsMom, All those deductions seem in line with her score. So since she did the mini giant instead of the free hip, you would deduct for the mini giant form and for wrong skill and deduct again for form when she started over and did free hip? I know, it doesn't matter. I don't think she'll make that mistake again!

MuffinsMom, All those deductions seem in line with her score. So since she did the mini giant instead of the free hip, you would deduct for the mini giant form and for wrong skill and deduct again for form when she started over and did free hip? I know, it doesn't matter. I don't think she'll make that mistake again!
That is what they would do... I forgot the 0.3 for out of order when I replied, lol.

Yes, unfortunately, she would've received deductions for her baby giant, even though it was the wrong skill. She would receive deductions on it the second time she did it as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back