WAG level 7 bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I do not understand all the A B skills and the such for a level 7 do they have to do a clear hip handstand? (my dd has it sometimes, not everytime. so here is her routine)

kip cast handstand
clear hip
squat on
kip cast handstand highbar
giant
giant
flyaway.

I know their goal is to get her to have the clear hip handstand but I don't think she'll have it consistantly enough by her first meet.

THnaks!!

Clear hip handstand is definitely not required and, in most places, is pretty rare at level 7. That routine is pretty standard for level 7 and should score well if the skills are done well.

Don't worry about it. It will be there whenshe needs it, but I think she's got all the requirements met without credit for a clear hip to handstand.

My dd has the same routine:) Haven't competed yet but the rest of our 7 girls on our team did, many with that routine. It scores well, even without it going all the way to handstand.

Thanks all! It's not that I'm worried more just confused by needing a and b skills etc since this is our first optional experience. ;)

At level 7 she only needs 2 B skills, and one of those B's must be circling to fulfill that special requirement. Cast handstands are B's and giants are B's. A clear hip is a B if it is between horizontal and 45 above horizontal, I believe, and actually it is an allowable C if it is between 45 and handstand. If the clear hip is below horizontal, it is an A but it still fulfills a special requirement for a group 3,6,7 skill. And she really only needs one of the giants. And any extra B's go towards the 5 A's she needs. Sounds like your dd will have a nice bar routine! Enjoy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back