level 7 floor question... please help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Level 7 floor question:
How much of a deduction will you get on floor if you only do a front-handspring front-tuck and a back-tuck?

Will the deduction decrease or change if you do a front-handspring front-tuck and two back tucks?

Are there any alternatives to a back-layout that would fulfill these missing requirements?

thanks!

Note: I am going to assume you're talking about a round off back handspring back tuck, if not, please correct me :)

If you do a back tuck, it counts as a legitimate tumbling pass, but you still need a back layout. A back layout is a requirement on level 7 floor, and if you don't do that I believe you'll get a .5 deduction from your start value.

Doing two back tucks does not help you at all, as you need a back layout, not a higher number.

Your front handspring front tuck is fine, that fulfills your front tumbling requirement completely.

I coach 7-10 and primarily level 7. Not only is a layout a special requirement meaning you can not miss it, but three distinct saltos is also a requirement. You will notice a start value of 9.0 because the judges will have to deduct her 0.5 twice. If she were to do a front tuck, a front pike, then the back tuck, she would only lose the 0.5 for one not being a layout.

I apologize for my mistake. Thank you. Just three saltos not different. so two back tucks leaves you with the original deduction of 0.5 but if she only had the one back tuck then she still loses the full point for two 0.5 deductions. Best of luck with that layout.

You are required to do a layout, but not a roundoff back handspring layout. The pass has to have 3 flight elements-one of them a back layout. I have had gymnasts for one reason or another do front tuck step out roundoff layout, or front handspring stepout roundoff layout- these both fufill the requirment the same as the most often seen roundoff backhandspring back layout.

The front handspring front tuck fufills the front series requirement.

You are required to do a layout, but not a roundoff back handspring layout. The pass has to have 3 flight elements-one of them a back layout. I have had gymnasts for one reason or another do front tuck step out roundoff layout, or front handspring stepout roundoff layout- these both fufill the requirment the same as the most often seen roundoff backhandspring back layout.

The front handspring front tuck fufills the front series requirement.

I love your front through combinations. I don't seem to see those very often and I try to sneak them in when I think someone can do them. It's a refreshing change from the same old, same old tumbling passes. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back