Level 7 front tumbling floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Level 7 Requirement is NOT a handstand, but just below it. Level 8 is a handstand.

This is a difference between the SR (cast 45* above) and the execution deductions for casts that are short of handstand. For L7 and 8 depending on how far below handstand the cast is, the cast is getting an execution deduction. However if there's one cast 45* above in the L7 routine, then they won't lose .5 off the SV for the SR. But if the highest cast just meets that minimum they're going to get several tenths off on every cast. Level 8 doesn't have a casting SR...but they do need two more Bs so some L8s might need their cast handstand as a B.

In fact, you could just scratch the uprise and just do two free hips, if you can't get an uprise, that is. just a thought.

From what I recall, the new rules say 2 free hips won't count as 2 different circling elements any more.

Easy level 7 bar routine (off the top of my head)

Kip, Front hip circle, Cast handstand (b), free hip (b), kip cast squat on, kip cast fly away.

There are a ton of A circling elements to choose from. The front hip is just one that is easy to connect something to.

You could use baby giants, giants, sole circles
The easiest salto dismount that I can think of is a fly away. The rest that come to mind are harder.

B's: Cast handstand, Free hip, Giant, uprise, jump full turn to kip,.... There are a lot more

Good luck

From what I recall, the new rules say 2 free hips won't count as 2 different circling elements any more.

Easy level 7 bar routine (off the top of my head)

Kip, Front hip circle, Cast handstand (b), free hip (b), kip cast squat on, kip cast fly away.

There are a ton of A circling elements to choose from. The front hip is just one that is easy to connect something to.
Good luck

Both of your circling skills can be the same.
The code reads:
Two 360 clear circling elements (same or different)
-one must be a B
-one must be from group 3,6, or 7

So, a front hip circle will not fulfill this requirement as it is not a clear circle. If two free hips are performed one must be completed above horizontal to meet the requirement of being a B.

Also, to address the handstand issue, there is an up to .3 deduction for any cast at an optional level that does not go to handstand. If the cast is at horizontal then it is an automatic .3 deduction and as the cast gets higher the deduction decreases. And this deduction is for every cast in the routine, not just one.

Both of your circling skills can be the same.
The code reads:
Two 360 clear circling elements (same or different)
-one must be a B
-one must be from group 3,6, or 7

So, a front hip circle will not fulfill this requirement as it is not a clear circle. If two free hips are performed one must be completed above horizontal to meet the requirement of being a B.

Also, to address the handstand issue, there is an up to .3 deduction for any cast at an optional level that does not go to handstand. If the cast is at horizontal then it is an automatic .3 deduction and as the cast gets higher the deduction decreases. And this deduction is for every cast in the routine, not just one.

OK,
Just checked the latest update that I could find and it say 2 clear circling elements. It even lists an undershoot as an element but it isn't a 360 degree circle. Weird.

"D. Level 7 special requirements
• One cast to a minimum of 45° of vertical
• • Two 360° clear circling elements, one a minimum of B, one from Gr. 3, 6 or 7
• Salto dismount, minimum of “Aâ€￾.
1. one cast to a minimum of 45° from vertical
a. Applicable deductions for insufficient amplitude will be applied, according to the
casting criteria.
b. If all casts are below 45°, deduct 0.50 for missing the Special Requirement, plus 0.25 -
0.30 for insufficient amplitude of each cast.
c. Only exception to the rule that Special Requirements must be fulfilled with Value Part
elements. (Cast from 45° to 21° has no value.)
2 & 3. Two 360° clear circling elements, one a minimum of “Bâ€￾:
May be the same or different
One must be listed in Group 3, 6, or 7
a. This requirement must be fulfilled by clear circling elements finising in a handstand or
clear support.
Choices: Backward Giant, Clear hip circle, stalder circle, pike sole circle backward to
clear support.
Note: Any element in which the hips or feet remain in contact with the bar throughout
or at the completion of the circle (such as front and back hip circles or sole circles) will
not fulfill this requirement.
b. One of the two circling elements must be listed under Group 3, 6 or 7 in the Jr. Olympic
Code of Points or J.O. Updates.
• Group 3 Underswings, Clear Hip Circles
• Group 6 Stalders Circles
• Group 7 Circle Swings, Hechts
Note: This requirement may be performed on either bar.
c. The two 360° circling elements may be the same (only if from Groups 3, 6, or 7) or
different.
d. If the gymnast’s attempt to perform a clear hip circle severely lacks amplitude and
the circle finishes with the hips on the bar (never passing through a clear support),
deduct 0.50 for missing one Special Requirement. “Aâ€￾ Value Part credit (for back hip
circle) would be awarded. The Special Requirement would not be fulfilled because the
circling element was not “clear.â€￾ "

OK,
Just checked the latest update that I could find and it say 2 clear circling elements. It even lists an undershoot as an element but it isn't a 360 degree circle. Weird.

"D. Level 7 special requirements
• One cast to a minimum of 45° of vertical
• • Two 360° clear circling elements, one a minimum of B, one from Gr. 3, 6 or 7
• Salto dismount, minimum of “A”.
1. one cast to a minimum of 45° from vertical
a. Applicable deductions for insufficient amplitude will be applied, according to the
casting criteria.
b. If all casts are below 45°, deduct 0.50 for missing the Special Requirement, plus 0.25 -
0.30 for insufficient amplitude of each cast.
c. Only exception to the rule that Special Requirements must be fulfilled with Value Part
elements. (Cast from 45° to 21° has no value.)
2 & 3. Two 360° clear circling elements, one a minimum of “B”:
May be the same or different
One must be listed in Group 3, 6, or 7
a. This requirement must be fulfilled by clear circling elements finising in a handstand or
clear support.
Choices: Backward Giant, Clear hip circle, stalder circle, pike sole circle backward to
clear support.
Note: Any element in which the hips or feet remain in contact with the bar throughout
or at the completion of the circle (such as front and back hip circles or sole circles) will
not fulfill this requirement.
b. One of the two circling elements must be listed under Group 3, 6 or 7 in the Jr. Olympic
Code of Points or J.O. Updates.
• Group 3 Underswings, Clear Hip Circles
• Group 6 Stalders Circles
• Group 7 Circle Swings, Hechts
Note: This requirement may be performed on either bar.
c. The two 360° circling elements may be the same (only if from Groups 3, 6, or 7) or
different.
d. If the gymnast’s attempt to perform a clear hip circle severely lacks amplitude and
the circle finishes with the hips on the bar (never passing through a clear support),
deduct 0.50 for missing one Special Requirement. “A” Value Part credit (for back hip
circle) would be awarded. The Special Requirement would not be fulfilled because the
circling element was not “clear.” "

If you mean the part where it says "Group 3 Underswings, Clear Hip Circles" that is the group numbering from the JO code for that "shape" of skills (if that makes sense). You need a Group 3, 6, 7 clear circling element (basically you need a clear hip, stalder, or toe shoot to clear support). The other circling element has to go to clear support but does not have to be 3, 6, 7 (i.e. it could be a backwards giant). So that's why the requirement is written as "two clear circling elements, one from group 3, 6, 7." The element from that group needs to be a 360* clear circling skill.

For example where it says Group 7...hechts - that would not be an applicable skill for the L7 requirement either...they are just listing the Group 7 group heading.

Okay thanks everyone! i am practicing free hip sole cirlces! they are to handstand on the strap bar just when ever i try on the real bar i get like an inch off the bar and freak out! Any tips or drills?? And for the toe on too clear support is that easier than a freehip? and can i do both on low bar if i did those or would one have to be on high bar?

Also.. why would i scratch? i would rather just try and get a sucky score then i have a better all around instead of missing one event.

And is all the level 7 routines out of 10? here it is 14.1 for eveything.

yes, out of 10.0. and good drills would be a free hip on a single rail or a normal bar and put a mat, like the cheese behind it against a wall and try and go to a hollow (push up position) against the wall (after shifting) so you'd be in a casting angle over the bar with your feet on the wall. understand at all? lol

Here's the minimum requirements for EVERYTHING in level 7:

Bars: 5 A's and 2 B's, two B circling elements (giants or clear hip)
Worth: Each A is worth .1
Each B is worth .3
Each circling element is worth .5
For each skill you don't do, that affects your SV. So if I don't have 2 circling elements, my SV is 9.5. If I'm missing 1 B and one A, my SV is 9.6

Beam: 5 A's and 2 B's
You need a flight skill (bhs, fhs, ro)
You need a two skill series, with or without flight.
You need a 180 degree split jump or leap.
You need a salto dismount.
Worth:
Flight skill is worth .5
Series is worth .5
Each B is worth .3
Each A is worth .1

Floor: 5 A's and 2 B's
A leap pass with a 180 degree leap
A front tumbling pass with at least two elements
A back tumbling pass with at least three elements
A turn of at least 360 degrees
A gym acro (round off straddle jump, bhs split jump)
You need a back layout with no twisting
Worth: the layout is worth .5
the front tumbling is worth .5
the back tumbling is worth .5
each B is worth .3
each A is worth .1

Vault: Every vault has a 10.0 SV. Most do a front handspring, but you can do any handspring or Yama****a vault that has no flipping. You may only do up to 360 degrees of turn at post flight, and only 520 degrees in all. Some people do a handspring full turn, but I did quite well with a normal front handspring. (9.35)

Here's the minimum requirements for EVERYTHING in level 7:

Bars: 5 A's and 2 B's, two B circling elements (giants or clear hip)
Worth: Each A is worth .1
Each B is worth .3
Each circling element is worth .5
For each skill you don't do, that affects your SV. So if I don't have 2 circling elements, my SV is 9.5. If I'm missing 1 B and one A, my SV is 9.6

Beam: 5 A's and 2 B's
You need a flight skill (bhs, fhs, ro)
You need a two skill series, with or without flight.
You need a 180 degree split jump or leap.
You need a salto dismount.
Worth:
Flight skill is worth .5
Series is worth .5
Each B is worth .3
Each A is worth .1

Floor: 5 A's and 2 B's
A leap pass with a 180 degree leap
A front tumbling pass with at least two elements
A back tumbling pass with at least three elements
A turn of at least 360 degrees
A gym acro (round off straddle jump, bhs split jump)
You need a back layout with no twisting
Worth: the layout is worth .5
the front tumbling is worth .5
the back tumbling is worth .5
each B is worth .3
each A is worth .1

Vault: Every vault has a 10.0 SV. Most do a front handspring, but you can do any handspring or Yama****a vault that has no flipping. You may only do up to 360 degrees of turn at post flight, and only 520 degrees in all. Some people do a handspring full turn, but I did quite well with a normal front handspring. (9.35)

don't you now need two leaps directly connected on floor?

They don't have to be directly connected. This was the "dance pass" change for this season. As long as the pass isn't broken (continuous motion), the connection can be indirect. i.e. the gymnast can do switch leap, chasse, wolf hop (or something).

Thanks guys, what is another B on beam? i have all the stuff there. my connection is cartwheel round off.
I have split leap sisone. and back walkover back tuck dismount. as well as a full turn.
Anything else??

Okay thanks! beam is ready! and i got back handspring by myself on low beam and one medium beam with expander woot!! i just have a problem putting my hands on half the time it is a one handed back handspring! if i get that should i put two flight elements or just one??

NO you would not have to put both flight elements. But you could do both if you want to, like if you used you ro into a dismount. ex. ro back tuckk.

Whoops. Forgot about that :p My bad.

Here's some ideas for all events skill wise:

Bars:

To satisfy the two circling elements, you can do clear hips or giants. I believe that at least one clear hip is required. You do need a dismount, but that is just a tuck or layout flyaway. Here's some bar routines that I think satisfy the requirements to get a 10.0 SV:

kip, tuck on, jump to high bar, kip, cast handstand, clear hip handstand, giant, layout flyaway

kip, cast handstand, clear hip handstand, kip, tuck on, jump to high bar, kip, cast handstand, giant (one or two depending on if your clear hip is handstand or not), layout flyaway

kip, cast handstand, clear hip handstand, kip tuck on, jump to high bar, kip, cast handstand, clear hip handstand, swing down flyaway

kip, cast handstand, clear hip handstand, clear hip handstand, kip, tuck on, jump to high bar, kip, cast to handstand, swing down flyaway

kip, cast handstand, clear hip handstand, kip, tuck on, jump to high bar, kip, cast handstand, giant, giant planche down to support, underswing, tap backwards, flyaway
(this one may have a 9.7 or 9.8 SV, but it helps the flyaway fear)

Beam:
Flight skill:
Back handspring (B)
Front handspring (B)
Round off (B)
Cartwheel pop (A) (?)

180 split:
Split jump (B)
Split leap (A)
Split 1/4 (B) (?)

Turn:
Full turn (A)

Series:
Back walkover (A) Back walkover (A)
Back walkover (A) Back handspring (B) (Satisfies flight requirement)
Back handspring (B) Back walkover (A) (Satisfies flight requirement)
Back handspring (B) Back handspring (B) (Satisfies flight requirement)
Front walkover (B) Front walkover (B)
Front walkover (B) Front handspring (B) (Satisfies flight requirement)
Front handspring step out (B) Front walkover (B) (Satisfies flight requirement)
Front handspring step out (B) Front handspring step out (B0 (Satisfies flight requirement)
Cartwheel (A) Cartwheel (A)
Cartwheel (A) Round off (B) (Satisfies flight requirement)
Handstand forward roll (B) Cartwheel (A)
Front walkover (B) Cartwheel (A)
Front walkover (B) Round off (B) (Satisfies flight requirement)

Dismount:
Front tuck (A)
Front pike (A)
Front layout (B?)
Round off (B) Back tuck/pike/layout (A or B) (Satisfies flight requirement)
Cartwheel (A) Back tuck/pike/layout (A or B)
Back handspring (B) Back tuck/pike/layout (A or B) (Satisfies flight requirement)
Back walkover (A) Back tuck/pike/layout (A or B)
Front walkover (B) Front tuck/pike/layout (A or B)
Front handspring (B) Front tuck/pike/layout (A or B) (Satisfies flight requirement)

Floor:
Front tumbling:
Handspring front tuck (A)
Handspring front pike (B)
Handspring front layout (B)
Bounder front tuck (A)
Bounder front pike (B)
Bounder front layout (B)
Front tuck front tuck (B+A)
Front layout front tuck (B+A)
Front layout front tuck (B+A)

Back tumbling: