WAG Level 8 gymnast could use video critique

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

thisisacrazysport

Proud Parent
My daughter and her friend could really use some help with a couple of events. I was wondering if anyone did video critiquing or knew who did them and of course as anonymously as possible.

My daughter could use help on Vault and floor and her friend on beam.

Any advice would be so helpful

Thanks a bunch.

I always thought this would be a great resource to have. I would love
To send DD's videos to a judge and have them critiqued. I think if it were an affordable service it would be popular.

I always thought this would be a great resource to have. I would love
To send DD's videos to a judge and have them critiqued. I think if it were an affordable service it would be popular.

Agreed. Coaches aren't always the resources that they should be, and this would be wildly helpful. I have had some luck doing this informally, and would have happily paid for people's time.

I third the notion of being able to send videos to judges, especially if those judges are NOT the ones who do your normal judging (out of state judges, etc). DD could definitely benefit from a completely different set of eyes watching her routines...Maybe a judge on here would be interested in getting something up and running? (Not that you guys don't already have enough to do, but if you have time and are interested...)

I just posted the link because several folks were wishing this service existed --it does. I haven't used it and know nothing of the quality, but it is out there. I prefer to get help from my CB friends. :)

I have absolutely no issue with the link being posted. I needed a laugh.

If I could get a decent video of floor and beam, I would totally ask for help from one of the coaches or judges on here. I'm not sure exactly where my L6 kid is getting deducted, besides a few obvious ones. I can never quite tell if she's missing an element or not getting credit for A/B skills, and her coaches don't really share that.

It doesn't seem like it should be a secret. Does her coach really not know where she's getting deducted and tell her? I feel like my ds generally knows where his scores are coming from as the coaches are harping on him about where the deductions are.

At this point, I usually have a pretty good idea of the basis for a score, but if there's a real head scratcher, I ask and the coaches usually know unless it's a head scratcher for them too! (And given the variation in scoring, it has to be about .8-1 or more that I can't figure out to qualify as a head scratcher. Anything less than that can usually be attributed to tighter form deductions for DD or a strict judge not giving bonus credit to DS.)

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back