WAG Logic behind the coaches decision?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi!! I was wondering if any coaches out there could help me understand the logic behind this? One of my bar coaches is teaching one of the girls on my team a jaeger on the low bar. I understand why he is teaching it on a raised low-bar to start, but that is not my question. This girl can barely cast to handstand out of a kip, and doesn't have giants, let alone pirouettes, blinds, front giants, bails, toe shoots, etc. All of these are pretty basic things at our gym for our level if you plan on working on more difficult release moves like tkatchevs, geingers, and jaegers. I know I am not her coach, although I do help coach the compulsory girls on my days off, but I am not understanding the logic behind this coaches choice to try to teach her a jaeger! Any help understanding this would be awesome, thank you so much!

Here's a few ideas about the situation....and keep in mind they're all "maybe's" and not conclusions.....

Coach wants to work with a small kid so he/she can try our a new spotting technique.

The kid has talent but lacks the motivation to apply corrections, and the coach has foun out the kid is crazy about the skill, which can't be done in her routine unless unless she learns at least a cast handstand hop change or reverse grip kip......or a giant good enough to do a blind change from, or..........

The coach sees her progressing quickly through skills that normally take 6-10 months to learn, and wants to get the jeager going now so it's there when her other skills are ready for it.

Who knows......maybe the coach just likes coaching jeagers and can't resist teaching it to anyone that can hang on long enough before peeling off into a front saltooooooohhhh!!!! :eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back