Parents Meets and nasty weather

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just my humble opinion, but I think if there's a state of emergency that specifically states no driving or something like a hurricane warning, meets should have to be cancelled. I get that it's a huge loss of money but seriously-human safety is more important.
I agree...but it doesn't happen.

Right now we are having the opposite issue, most of the country is being gripped by a 2 week heatwave. Temp retires in our area in the high 90's every day but many other areas are well over 100.

Over 100 deg F now and off I take my DD to practise (Summer break down under) Hope the Air Con is working today o_O

Good luck with the winter weather - we can only dream :cool:

Over 100 deg F now and off I take my DD to practise (Summer break down under) Hope the Air Con is working today o_O

Good luck with the winter weather - we can only dream :cool:

Yes, I think us Aussie's would just love a little cold weather right now, this heatwave seems to be never ending.

Just my humble opinion, but I think if there's a state of emergency that specifically states no driving or something like a hurricane warning, meets should have to be cancelled. I get that it's a huge loss of money but seriously-human safety is more important.

Can these meets not put out a note that if the meet needs to be cancelled due to extreme weather no refunds will be given.

I assume one reason that meet often go in in the face of bad weather is because often the gymnasts have to make hotel reservations months in advance and then travel before the weather gets bad. We generally plan that for any meet more than a 2 hour drive in winter is a hotel stay, just in case of bad weather.

I've seen one meet cancelled due to weather, about 4-5 yrs ago. After a horrible 3 hour commute to a meet a few weeks ago, on bad roads in a snow storm, with accidents all around, I've decided that we are no longer risking life and limb for a sport. Next time we skip it. Most of the kids had stayed in a hotel and were fine but a few had to drive (like us, we had other things going on that weekend).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back