WAG One of my favorite looking skills by Zoe Miller (Full Twisting Double Lay)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What do you particularly like about it? I don't want to seem mean and I know that it is a crazy hard skill, but there are a lot of deductions in this one (legs apart -.3, legs bent -.1, feet -.1, plus landing -.4 and OOB).
I mean, I find it great that she is training it and I'm sure she will clean it up eventually, but she does so many skills better than this one...

What do you particularly like about it?

The skill in general. Pretty sure it's a "work in progress" not a skill in it's final competitive state.

EDIT: And honestly... at full speed I don't see any judge taking 1.0 on that in a competition.

Last edited:
Here’s another…

Might as well keep putting them in here. Suni is great… I just like the arch technique better… I think it looks cool…

EIDT: By arch I mean full in arch out… Suni’s is more of a 1/2 in 1/2 out… so it can’t arch out as she is facing forward.

Last edited:
I think my favorite person doing this skill is Carlos Yulo:

His lines are just so perfectly straight throughout, flairs the arms out at the end. Textbook perfect, imo

I guess I like the arch technique better as it's easier to do. The later twist has to be done really well or it starts to look like this...

Here I go triple posting. It's funny how my views have changed on many things over time. Here is another old arch vs straight thread that is a pretty fun read...

Here I go triple posting. It's funny how my views have changed on many things over time. Here is another old arch vs straight thread that is a pretty fun read...

Haha, man, that's an OLD one!

EDIT: I was overconfident and didn't know anything back then.

I'm still overconfident, but at least I know my stuff better now.

Last edited:
Reactions: JBS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back