WAG Pain in knee

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

I have hyperextended my right knee twice-once in 6 grade and once this year. After vaulting, cardio, and tumbling both knees hurt. Bad. My left knee appears bruised on the lower right side, and my right knee swells a little after a hard workout. Any ideas what it might be? Should I wait to go to the doctor? Go ASAP? My legs are also uneven, I don't know if that has to do with anything. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I had a meet yesterday and got a..... 9.7 on beam!

also, any suggestions on what I an do to help with pain? I also forgot to mention it hurts under my knee caps.

Go to the doctor first, and maybe physiotherapist also. Could be patellafemoral or Osgood-Schlatters, both of which are characterized by pain under the knee cap. Neither are supremely serious and sounds like with some rest, icing, and exercises if required, you'll be pain free! However I'm not a doc, just a gal with nasty knees herself, so get 'em looked at.

Not much to offer by means of advice or "diagnosis" since it could be a whole lot of things. But just wanted to congratulate you on doing well on beam at your last meet. We can only guess what is wrong. So I'd see a doctor at your earliest opportunity. The sooner you figure this out, the sooner you'll get back on track.

Congrats on the awesome score! I would try to get your knees looked at. In the meantime, ice and prop them up might help reduce the swelling.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back