Off Topic Prayers, thoughts, RAIN

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Ugh. This summer stinks. Literally. We have about 14 wildfires burning in our state, 1 HUGE one near us, 1 growing near us, and 1 HUGE one down the road. We have had gymnasts evacuated from their homes, having to leave town in order to breath. I am sure there are more evacuated throughout the state, just with the huge number of people evacuated at this point. Every day, it seems, tehre is another huge fire getting out of control. It is hard to not watch and keep track, as everytime you step outside, you are smelling it. and it is so hard for the kiddos to keep working out with 100+ degree temps and smoke everywhere.

So...just a vent. This is so sad and scary for all of us!!

Ugh. This summer stinks. Literally. We have about 14 wildfires burning in our state, 1 HUGE one near us, 1 growing near us, and 1 HUGE one down the road. We have had gymnasts evacuated from their homes, having to leave town in order to breath. I am sure there are more evacuated throughout the state, just with the huge number of people evacuated at this point. Every day, it seems, tehre is another huge fire getting out of control. It is hard to not watch and keep track, as everytime you step outside, you are smelling it. and it is so hard for the kiddos to keep working out with 100+ degree temps and smoke everywhere.

So...just a vent. This is so sad and scary for all of us!!

Wow, that's awful! I hope it gets better soon! Wishing you the best of luck.

Would be happy to have some of this rain (I'm in Florida) go your way. We're over soggy right now. Have been through the fires here over the years, and they're no fun at all.

Yeah. Colorado Springs is in trouble. They have the Air Force Academy on alert to evacuate. They have evacuated thousands of people. It is just burning :( We are down there all the time at AFA and USOTC. Just devastating :(

Prayers that you get rain soon and the fires die out. We've had more than our share of rain here in Florida this week, I wish I could send some of it your way!

I heard of your situation on our Christian channel this morning. Many people are praying for all of you. I pray you are safe. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Very scary! My thoughts and prayers will be with everyone in your area. We had brush fires a couple years ago and it was not a very pleasant experience. We had to evacuate to my grandparents house, with 4 families and 3 dogs for a whole week. We were packed like sardines sleeping in their living room. LOL. I hope you guys and everyone from your gym stays safe!!

We are super dry here(nothing like other places) and I can't believe people are complaining that some communities are considering canceling their fireworks for the fourth of July. I am like, hello! Look at the beautiful state of CO for a moment. Also, I think the firework stands should all be closed down. They are a disaster waiting to happen....put those things in the wrong hands! Grrr.

Sorry if I hijacked your post with a vent. I am praying for CO. Such an amazing place! Loved CO Springs, too. :(

We have had some good fortune the last week (Ugh..I hope I don't jinx it!) The fire closest to me is 100% contained...thank God. They are getting some handle on the other ones, although thousands have lost everything. It is so hard. It is nice to go outside and not smell smoke, to not see a giant smoke plume similar to a volcano explosion out the window! We even got to go hiking this morning...beautiful!

A lot of the fireworks around here are cancelled. Our town is still having them, but they launch on a HUGE lake, so I think that is the only reason they are going forward. And, I am sure, that is still subject to change. If the wind is bad, or anything is off that day, I am sure more will get cancelled. We are not allowed to use fire pits, charcoal grills, sparklers, or fireworks at home this year. We have an almost total burn ban going on around here. That's fine..who wants any of that when ti is 100+ outside!

Stay Safe everyone!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back