RBHBT, round puff backhandspring back tuck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

~minhthy~gymnast~

Hi everyone! Hehehe! Well does anyone have any tips for round off back handspring back tuck? Ya, like the backtuck part is creepy to me, LOL!

So I'm fine when I have spotting but it's still a little bit scary.

Any help is great thanx!

Just trust in your coaches spotting and technique. Feel what is right, what is wrong, and how to accelerate the rotation and feel lift...

When you begin to feel more awareness of your body and what you are doing, you will feel more confident. The only way to feel more confident is to do a million of them spotted until you feel you have it down.

Good luck!

Ryan

Have you tried doing a round off, bh, rebound to your back on a resi at all? It really helps with the set. I think the process of measuring the tumbling distance has been therapeutic for some of my gymnasts. Once they can do it with ease it helps them see for themselves that they are consistent rather than just taking my word for it. We've played with the matstack too, adding some to see who can rebound the highest after their bh. It's a good visual drill, and gives them a tactile sense of their awesomeness that seems to be a good confidence builder for the no mat attempts.

Some of my gymnasts really wanted to train back tucks, but weren't picking up the difference in the set. I did round off + back tucks with them, and round off + bh's. In tandem with the mat training they eventually got it, and didn't have to sacrifice working on the skill itself.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back