Scoring work on Trampoline

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
So I was looking at the results for the US Elite Challenge held earlier in May and I was wondering about the disparity in the scores. The winner of the Senior women's was 124 something while the next highest score was 97 something and for the juniors it was only in the 60s. Did they do totally different things, passes judged on different things, more tumbling passes? I salute everyone who even made it and I am sure those are great scores, I just wonder about such a large range of scores.
Thanks.

Difficulty is factored in, and some have HUGE difficulty (I believe that at elite you have a 'simple' pass with compulsory moves but that's optionalish and gets difficulty, and then your go wild optional pass which can have GIANT difficulty. I could be wrong though, we only have 1 10 right now). And there's a lot of interruptions, or times when you just stop getting scored.

There may also be a prelims/finals thing, in JO there is, but that is kind of a giant disparity. I might do some research. It'll be useful for my whole "too old for this" judging career =)

My post should have said Tumbling not trampoline :) I know the senior women's winner and have seen her passes when she practices but I was really surprised at the 30 point difference. She doesn't talk about her competing very much so I am a bit embarassed to ask her :0

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back