Parents Season is finally over

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Daughter had her level 6 state meet today. Although she did not do great scorewise I am really proud of her for hanging in there and finishing up. She also showed me what a tough kid and that she has great sportsmanship. She had a really bad rip this week her coach changed her bar routine from astraddle to kip to a pike kip and she recently overcame her fears with ROBHSBT for the 2nd time this year. Then in practice last nite before the meet she hurt her foot ankle.
I told her it was alright if she wanted to scratch floor vault if it hurt to much it is just sore and bruised but not swollen. She insisted that she would compete allaround. She went out there and did a pretty good floor routine but landed her BT on her knees I think she got a deduction for omitting the elemnt and a fall not sure anyway got7.1. Then bars and vault got 7.8 she usually gets low 8 in these and her bars are usually better. Her last event was beam got a 8.55 good for her. She actually stuck her backwalkover at everymeet this year.
She had a lot of fun despite the low scores and their were no tears like I saw a lot of girls. She got along well with her squad and it was from a gym that we compete in a league with they even gave her flowers. Then when the meet was over she went up to the state champ and congralated her.
So right now I do not know if she will continue or what level she will compete next year. I am hoping all the heel pain improves. She is on the fence whether she wants to continue but she is anxious to move on and learn new things. She wanted to stop at the gym and see her teammates in practice after the meet but we were too tired. I really think she loves the sport and but this year has been a challenge. I think we are both relieved that it is over. I was able to video tape her I will try to post later.

I'm glad she had a happy ending. Hopefully gym will become lots of fun again now that the season is over. Congrats to her for finishing out the season!

Congratulations to your daughter. It sounds like she has a great attitude about everything!!

Then when the meet was over she went up to the state champ and congralated her.
Very classy kid! You've raised her right! ;)
Can't wait to see the video!
I'm glad she had a great time at States and good luck with whatever comes next (in the gym or out of it)!

I often think when we look back it isn't the moments of great victory but the moments of growth that we really cherish. Congratulations to your daughter for her perseverance and her sportsmanship. No matter what happens with gymnastics I sense she will go far in life.

Congrats on a great season! It seems like she overcame some big fear issues and still had a good season despite of them. Have you ever thought of just training and not competing, because that way she could stil enjoy the sport but not have the stress of having to get the skill by a certain time etc.?? I have thought of doing that before but i love to compete :)

She sounds like a very mature and gracious young lady. Good for her for making it to states and then being s great competitor. This is a day you should both look back on with pride.

Congrats to her for making it through this tough season!! Hope the off season has her enjoying gymnastics!!

Congratulations to your dd for making it to and competing at states!

Hoping that her foot pain subsides and that she is back to enjoying gymnastics. She has a lot to be proud of and making it to level 6 states is an accomplishment in itself! And kudos for the good sportsmanship. My own dd did OK at states (did not place) and one of her teammates who had the best meet of her life actually cried because she "only" got three 9s and she "wanted" four. My dd looked at her like she was crazy. And I should add that my dd is 8 years old and this girl is 13 years old!!!

Even though it didn't go as well as she'd hoped, congrats to your daughter!! She sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders and you guys must be so proud of her.

Thanx for all the positive comments. Here are the videos from her State meet. I finally got the nerve to video tape her floor. You can tell in the parts where my nerves got the best of me like during her BWO on beam and her flyaway I lost focus on the camera. I can definitely see where she got alot of deductions. She still needs to work on her split jump on beam and landing her floor tumbling passes. Her bars are usually alot better she even placed in bars at a few meets this year but I think the change from the straddle kip to the pike kip 3 weeks before states along with the rip threw her off. I think she has alot of room for improvement but this season has been a real struggle for her I am glad she finished it . Still not sure what she is going to do next year she is really hoping for her own routines whether it be 7 or prep, I personally think prep-op would be a better choice for her.
http://www.youtube.com/user/JF12667?feature+mhsn#p/a/u/0/99s1k2qsRt8
http://www.youtube.com/user/JF12667?feature=mhsn#p/a/u/2/I5LJYLheoSk
http://youtube.com/user/JF12667?feature+mhsn#p/a/u/1/D8sa6Nv8sSO

I had trouble uploading linking the videos you can see then all if you click on the side they are entilled Swimbanquet/level 6 States I posted everything except the vault because it was too far. let me know if there are problems seeing it all.

Last edited:
She did great! High 5's from us on making it though a tough season and qualifying for states.

I could see the bars video fine but couldn't see the other 2 videos unless I clicked on the side images. Anyway dd and I really enjoyed watching her and dd even got a bonus by seeing a couple of her PA coaches and a teammate. DD loves her new gym in Texas but really misses her PA friends.

Sunbo the girls that my daughter was in the squad with and that gave her the flowers were from your old gym I believe cumberland. There we're 3 of them and one of them placed in a couple of events and the all around. It is nice that over the years daughter has been able to make friends with the other girls from the gyms funny daughter was talking to a girl from IGC who also had her states but somewhere else in PA I asked daughter to ask her if she competes inYMCA league then daughter told her she was BRGA league not realizing that she was at USAG states

I can see why you are so proud of Panda Girl. She wrapped up a tough season in very classy ( and tough) manner. I hope she finds some renewal in working on her new skills and I hope that her pain subsides soon. I know she has a lot of other activities too and she is one tough cookie. Congratulations to you both.

That does sound like a challenging year for her! Good for her going out there and giving it her all--I hope she decides to continue--I love her attitude :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back