Spine surgery update...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bri's mom emailed to say that they would be spending at least one more night in the hospital. She also shared the posts from this thread with Bri, kind words go a long way! keep sending your thoughts their way, every day will bring Bri closer to being back to her old, pain free self.

Get well soon, Bri! It stinks that you had to go through all of this, but hopefully you'll find a way to make the recovery time as enjoyable as possible with books, movies, magazines, and all of those other fun little things you don't always have time for in "real life." You're determined and strong, so I have faith that you'll be back on your feet in no time!
You'll be in my prayers as you continue on this journey.

Get well soon Bri!! We ar eall praying for a painfree and speedy (but not too speedy) recovery!!

Best wishes to you Bri and sending the healing fairies on their way! I can see lots of movie marathons for you in the near future :p

Glad to hear it went well Bri! Now you have an excuse to watch every gymnastics movie ever made! :) You have been an inspiration for me since I have hearing issues too (not deaf, but a large percentage is gone). It's great that you'll be pain free. Wishing you a very quick recovery!

so glad your surgery went well. DD & I are thinking of you, and I know your neice can't wait for you to be healthy again so you can cheer her on this season. You can practice different hairstyles for her while you are laid up, she will have the best meet hair doo's !

(((HUGS))) it will be hardnot being active, but I know you will follow Dr's orders & make a great recovery.

Bri, I hope you have an easy recovery!

As someone who just had (shoulder) surgery, I know it can be frustrating to sit around and heal. But listen to the doctors and do everything you are supposed to do (and nothing you are not allowed to do). You'll be up and moving in no time, but you have to be patient.

Bri, hope you are on the mend. Im sure it will be a SLOW process. After reading your mom's post about english being your second language, I was amazed. I always knew you were deaf..but also always thought you were very well spoken (typen..bahaha...okay I know its not a word). I would never have thought that you had any problems with the english language. You are always very proper with your posts. Much more so than most of us. (maybe because you put so much thought into making it right?). You are an amazing young woman Bri. Take it easy, don't over do it, and just enjoy the ride. Keep your chin up, you have a niece to cheer on this coming season. Keep us posted as you can.

Thanks again everyone! Bri is finally back home (the hospital is about an hour and a half to two hours from our house on the other side of the Continental Divide so she stayed a few days in the hospital and I stayed at my brother and sister-in-law's house). She's in bed and can't do a lot of sitting or standing. She'd get online but looking at the computer screen makes her very dizzy. She had new tubes put in her inner ears as well (for a completely unrelated issue to her back) which is adding to the vestibular dizziness and nausea. She's napping a lot and watching DVDs for now, hopefully in the next day or two the negative side effects will settle down and she can feel a little bit more normal!

I'm sure she'll feel better being home. Ahhh--a double whammy on surgeries. Tell her to be good and we'll catch her online once she feels up to it.

Ohmy GOSH you guys are all so wonderful . My mom did read me a lot of the posts and they made me smile even when I was dizzy and sick and in pain. Not sick or dizzy anymore but still in pain just not nearly as bad. Lots of activity cut backs and adjustments for the next long while way I recover. My class schedule this semester even got changed so I don't have to lug books around (definite no no for a backpack) or have to run across campus from class to class. But definitely got over the biggest hurdle yet!

And also glad to see while I was gone my mom could "educate" you all lol!! She can't help herself it was summer break still, no teaching for her yet. I usually don't even think of it because it's been like that my whole life, so I don't know it any different. Never really gets brought up here that I don't read for pleasure bc it's hard for me or that I get tutors in English based class. And maybe you're right that is why I try to sound normal because I have to think hard about every word!

But yeah can't thank you all enough. CB is the best! :big hug:

Great to hear from you Bri, wonderful news that college is still on for you. I know adjusting to your new healing life is tough but it will be worth it in the end.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back