WAG What are beam requirements for level 8 and 9?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can we just avoid the puberty years in this sport (for oh so many reasons), particularly those last growth spurts/body shape changes? My daughter has been the walking wounded in her 13th year of life. We are hoping 14 and then 15 get easier! C and D skills while growing are super duper scary.

Can we just avoid the puberty years in this sport (for oh so many reasons), particularly those last growth spurts/body shape changes? My daughter has been the walking wounded in her 13th year of life. We are hoping 14 and then 15 get easier! C and D skills while growing are super duper scary.

YES! Mine just suffered through that growth spurt (5" in about 8 months) at 12, and I'm hoping 13+ will be less painful for her, especially as I'm finding the skills she tells me she needs to move up all sound terrifying.

And don't forget that while all of this beam scariness is happening they are also starting more release moves on bars and a double back dismount. Oh, and let's also include the double on floor with more twisting (look out knees and Achilles) and then the flipping vaults and all of those crashes (can you spell concussion?). Just saying - these upper optional levels are not the time to start watching practice every day and definitely don't bring grandma and/or grandpa to watch practice. Do yourself a favor and invest in really good ice packs, lots of Advil, and a case of tape.

And don't forget that while all of this beam scariness is happening they are also starting more release moves on bars and a double back dismount. Oh, and let's also include the double on floor with more twisting (look out knees and Achilles) and then the flipping vaults and all of those crashes (can you spell concussion?). Just saying - these upper optional levels are not the time to start watching practice every day and definitely don't bring grandma and/or grandpa to watch practice. Do yourself a favor and invest in really good ice packs, lots of Advil, and a case of tape.
You know I'm thinking of flipping you something and its not a doubleback....... :D

Said with no malice at all and why I don't watch practice. But funny you should mention it. A friend said the same thing about ice packs and tape, he said its not a question of if but when. Just bought our first really nice ice pack this week.....................

I swear we look like a small urgent care......good ice packs, heating pad, back roller, TENS unit, tape, prewrap, lidocaine patches, etc. Goign to an away meet we practically need a medical bag!

I know boys don't do beam, but the level 7 coach was lecturing the girls one day about their back tucks on beam. Made a comment...I bet even D isn't afraid of a back tuck on beam. So, sigh, he got up and did one. on low beam. with mats thank goodness.

he is working is geinger now...I haven't seen it, don't want to see it....

Just glad he wasn't the one picking her up on Monday when she sprained her ankle. She said the only part that hurt was her ankle, but her whole body flipped off the beam. If he was there, I think they both would have needed the ER.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back