WAG Xcel Gold Beam Routine Input

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Based on our experiences I wouldn't show the coaches the code. I made that mistake once and the coach was infuriated and took it out on my DD by not allowing her a 10 start value out of spite. I know that sounds nuts, and it was. Taking the 9.5 will allow them to figure it out on their own and maybe learn from their mistakes.

I don't plan to even say another word, though it kills me. So how will they know if it's a 9.5 SV do the judges mark that down on something? Sorry I'm still learning. I have read up on the requirements just so I know what to look for at meets, last year was her first year and I was clueless. That's how I knew what the requirements were and something wasn't right. Thank you all for your responses. She did her updated routine today flawlessly I can't wait for completions to start!

I don't plan to even say another word, though it kills me. So how will they know if it's a 9.5 SV do the judges mark that down on something? Sorry I'm still learning. I have read up on the requirements just so I know what to look for at meets, last year was her first year and I was clueless. That's how I knew what the requirements were and something wasn't right. Thank you all for your responses. She did her updated routine today flawlessly I can't wait for completions to start!
For optionals and Xcel the judges will post a start value, usually a small flip book set on their table. It should also be noted on their score card, though not every coach shares this with gymnasts/parents, but coach will know.

Correct, you don't NEED a series, but if you are using the same acro skill twice, they have to be connected to each other OR one has to be in another series (could be connected to a jump or dismount). You can also do two single acro skills, but they have to be different.
Yep, for optionals and Xcel same skill can only be counted a second time if used in a different connection from the first time skill used in routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back