Parents Live Scoring App...BTS Changes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Daffodil

Proud Parent
Okay, is anyone else completely frustrated by the changes which were made to the BTS app? Are we seriously supposed to individually add every gymnast before every meet that we attend, in order to see their scores?! It is terribly cumbersome, and I honestly do not see myself using the app anymore if that is the case. I liked the ease of it previously. Does anyone have a suggestion for a better live score tracking app?

Our gym uses BTS for meets and while the changes took some getting used to I think you will find that if you go in to "athlete scores" and then level you will find all the scores you need without having to add all athletes.

Once in the level you need, click on your gymnast and you can click to see leader board and see all gymnasts in your kid's age division and the standings.

Thank you mom4kids! I think the problem with this meet was that the scores are not actually being loaded into BTS. I checked another meet for today and all the gymnasts and scores were there. I appreciate your help!

Okay, is anyone else completely frustrated by the changes which were made to the BTS app? Are we seriously supposed to individually add every gymnast before every meet that we attend, in order to see their scores?! It is terribly cumbersome, and I honestly do not see myself using the app anymore if that is the case. I liked the ease of it previously. Does anyone have a suggestion for a better live score tracking app?

Hello Daffodil!

I read your post and wanted to thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our intent was not be confusing but instead to a very useful tool to the sport of gymnastics. We offer both Crowd Scores (parent scored) and Official (meet scored) features in Beyond the Scores and are making changes to the mobile app which should help searching for meets and scoring your own. The latest release should arrive in the app stores in the next week or so. I hope you enjoy the improvements.

Sincerely,
Chad

Hello Beyond The Scores! I did not realize that I would have such a direct line to BTS. I am thrilled to hear that some improvements are being made. I look forward to seeing what they are. I don't really use a lot of the new functionality, but do like to be able to track the scores while at meets or when I am watching the scores of teammates or other friends.

Will we be able to see results for all athletes in a session?

We are working on this one as well. It may not be out with this release but should be soon.

I also have a bit of a context switch here and will probably start a new thread but since you are all participating I will ask. We will also be offering a marketplace in the mobile app soon. I would like to know what items you would be interested in seeing and or purchasing. My initial thoughts are below:

Apparel: Leos, t-shirts, jackets, head bands
Equipment: mats, grips, wrist bands, chalk, tape

Would you like to see multiple vendors for each product?

Chad

Chad -

Please make sure that folks understand that unless the meet chooses to feed scores to BTS, the only thing that spectators will get is the crowd-sourced scoring (which is NOT official).

Chad -

Please make sure that folks understand that unless the meet chooses to feed scores to BTS, the only thing that spectators will get is the crowd-sourced scoring (which is NOT official).

That is a good point. Crowd Scores should only be used when Beyond the Scores is not the official scoring platform for the meet. One of the changes we are adding is a meet search capability. If a meet has been created, even if there are no details to the meet and/or it hasn't yet been made public by the meet director, you will be able to find it in the system and follow. If the meet has no detail or is not public it will indicate so and you can still follow the meet. This should eliminate some of the confusion around whether a meet is using BTS or a Crowd Scored meet is actually needed.

Let me know if there is anything else I need to bring to light.

Sincerely,
Chad

That is a good point. Crowd Scores should only be used when Beyond the Scores is not the official scoring platform for the meet. One of the changes we are adding is a meet search capability. If a meet has been created, even if there are no details to the meet and/or it hasn't yet been made public by the meet director, you will be able to find it in the system and follow. If the meet has no detail or is not public it will indicate so and you can still follow the meet. This should eliminate some of the confusion around whether a meet is using BTS or a Crowd Scored meet is actually needed.

Let me know if there is anything else I need to bring to light.

Sincerely,
Chad

My daughter competes in Ontario Canada, and they use BTS for all qualifiers and some invitationals. Last year there was a search function for meets, using a date range, all meets using BTS in that range would come up. I found this extremely useful. I hope that you reinstate this function.

Thank you for your response. It will be a very similar functionality. With this next release if you favorite your club then all the clubs meets will show in your schedule as well even if it isn't public yet. If the meet is not public there will be an indicator that the details have not been published but at least the meet will be there in the calendar. If your club has not been added to the meet you will be able to search for it and follow as well.

Chad

How prevalent is the use of this app? We've only seen it used once in the three seasons DD has competed. Most of the gyms around here seem to use the live feed to MSO. Is this still more a regionally used tool?

SAD to say I am also confused this year with BTS (Loved it last year) and my daughter can not be added on as a "Favorite" because for some reason when I look at the gym name her name is not there to be selected even though she competed for them all last year. I admit to not being techie about aps, but had no problems last year.

I'm experiencing bad things with ad pop ups that run and won't allow me to skip, or even when they are done I can't get back to the BTS without going to "learn more" in the App Store. This will be unacceptable during meets, especially since we use this as a free service, mandated by gymnastics ontario.

Also there are still gymnasts listed with clubs they don't belong to, which might just be a case of info not yet updated, but hopefully it will be soon! On a brighter note, my daughters name is finally spelled right!

Also there are still gymnasts listed with clubs they don't belong to, which might just be a case of info not yet updated, but hopefully it will be soon! On a brighter note, my daughters name is finally spelled right!

I'm pretty sure that BTS gets their gym & gymnast data from whatever data is submitted by the meet directors for a given meet. That data is provided by the gyms themselves, so if there are errors, it would be because it was provided with a misspelling, etc from their source data.

If gymnasts have moved gyms, that data will get updated in BTS when they intake data from a meet that provides the new alignment. We haven't started meets yet, so if I had recently moved gyms, I wouldn't expect BTS to have updated data until competition season started.

I'm pretty sure that BTS gets their gym & gymnast data from whatever data is submitted by the meet directors for a given meet. That data is provided by the gyms themselves, so if there are errors, it would be because it was provided with a misspelling, etc from their source data.

If gymnasts have moved gyms, that data will get updated in BTS when they intake data from a meet that provides the new alignment. We haven't started meets yet, so if I had recently moved gyms, I wouldn't expect BTS to have updated data until competition season started.

Yes I figured this much. It was just an added frustration on top of pop up video ads with no escape clause that kept happening while trying to get used to navigating the new app.

What areas does this work for? We are region 8 and have never heard of it. I installed it because I was curious but my daughter's name wasn't available, nor was her gym.

What areas does this work for? We are region 8 and have never heard of it. I installed it because I was curious but my daughter's name wasn't available, nor was her gym.

It is my understanding that it only works if a host of a meet has bought and registered to use BTS as the electronic scoring system for the meet. So its the computer that shows the scores to the crowd, as well as let's them track it online.

In Ontario Canada they have a contract with BTS that they will do this for all qualifying meets. Which is why I don't think we should have to watch pop up videos. Unless it is only before and after the actual meet, and not at all during.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back