The new floor routine routine again

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SuperGirlmlm

Gymnast
Ugh, I need another new floor routine.
There are 4 different music options I like, but I'm still open to listen to more.
Has anyone used energym (I think I spelled that wrong)? How much money is it? And, is it easy to use, legal, and all that other stuff? Also, does it have some good choices? I like choices:) hehe

Also, I need a choreographer. I've looked at a few. Three years ago, I payed $650 for a routine that I hated. Do you think it's worth it to try one of the level 10 girls that goes to my gym? She's going to be 18 in five months. She's done three previous floor routines that were pretty good, and seven amazing beam routines. Do you think it's worth it to go out on a limb and try her? She only charges $100 and she'll buy & help you choose the music. I've talked to her, and seen her around, and she's really nice, and well-liked by her teammates.
Do you think it's worth it to try her? She got accepted into the University of Ohio, full scholor-ship, to be on the gymnastics team...Though she also has a 4.0 GPA, and is going to be a choreographer for gymnasts.

Thanks for reading this long post, and I appreciate all advise and replies!

Last edited:
first coreographer - if you like the routines of the girl at the gym and her routines are scoring well then give it a try.
I do like energym music and arrangements as does my DD but we have always had to use floormusic express because gym insisted on it.

There are 4 different music options I like, but I'm still open to listen to more.
Has anyone used energym (I think I spelled that wrong)? How much money is it? And, is it easy to use, legal, and all that other stuff? Also, does it have some good choices? I like choices:) hehe

Also, I need a choreographer. I've looked at a few. Three years ago, I payed $650 for a routine that I hated. Do you think it's worth it to try one of the level 10 girls that goes to my gym? She's going to be 18 in five months. She's done three previous floor routines that were pretty good, and seven amazing beam routines. Do you think it's worth it to go out on a limb and try her? She only charges $100 and she'll buy & help you choose the music. I've talked to her, and seen her around, and she's really nice, and well-liked by her teammates.
Do you think it's worth it to try her? She got accepted into the University of Ohio, full scholor-ship, to be on the gymnastics team...Though she also has a 4.0 GPA, and is going to be a choreographer for gymnasts.

Thanks for reading this long post, and I appreciate all advise and replies!

there is no "University of Ohio" with a gymnastics team that offers full athletic scholarships.

there is THE...Ohio State University that has both.:)

Id go with the choreographer you like the best, just because its a bargain doesnt mean it is going to be a bad routine! I had the same experience this season also! A coach at the gym choreographs all the routines and after we payed the 300 dollar fee i hated my routine. We never ended up finishing it, and two weeks before the first meet another girl taught me her old routine that i didnt even get to use because i tore my ACL! Luckily my coach is trying to hire some college gymnasts from the local college to do routines this year:)

Hi! I hope you'll check us out. People tell us that our website is by far the easiest to use. You can hear all of our demos for free online. We have tons of variety - every kind of music you can imagine - and you'll see different music style categories as soon as you go to our site. Everything is 100% legal because (1) we never use other people's recordings; we create all the music in our own studios (2) we acquire the proper license for every song we sell.

Our songs are $60 for CDs (and you get two CDs!) or $52 for downloads. Every song is available in three different lengths.

Oh - and you absolutely spelled our name right! :D

We have a banner at the top of this page (refresh if you don't see it at first). Just click on that to go to our site.

Thanks!
Energym Music

We have used Energym before, never had problems :)

As for choreographer, does your coach/gym not have one that they normally use? My oldest DD's first optional routine was choreographed by a teammate, at that time the girl was 17 and level 9. She was (still is) an amazing dancer and won several state titles on floor. We paid $100 and DD did well with the routine.

The choreographer that my gym normally uses charges $650 for the routine I hated. Our gym doesn't make you use that choreographer, but she's the one that only does our gym.
I talked to the other girl, she said she'd be happy to do both my floor routine and beam routine for a total of $150...AND, she'll redo either of the routines if I decide I don't like them for FREE!!!!
She's so much better than the other choreographer.
Also, I asked some of the girls she's already done routines for, and they said that they score pretty good:) I'm really excited to try her out:) We already scheduled a time (we talked yesterday with the coach as well)later today, tomorrow, and Monday. Then, were going to meet again next Friday so I have time to run through it a couple times with my teammates and with my coaches and then, we'll make some minor changes if necessary!! I'm soooooooo excited!!

IMO choreographed routines are just like clothes in the context that you have to feel comfortable in them and love the way they make you feel. You want to be dressed in a manner that expresses you the way you want. Choose a choreographer that understands how you want to look and express yourself.

I get that the L10 you mention doesn't have a lot of experience and knowlegde, but it sounds like she's got the other qualities of desire and empathy nailed. I would put desire and empathy at the top of my list, as those two qualities combined with just enough knowlege are enough to get a gymnast and a choreographer a good result.

After 3 sessions, we have my beam routine done, and the first part of my floor routine.
I've done my beam routine three times in front of my coach, and he loves it. Everything flows very nicely.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back