Parents 3rd level 6 meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well we had our third level 6 meet report. I will start by saying I wasn't expecting great things given our family holiday party was Saturday and dd was playing with friends and cousins at party all day. We had to sneak out right after dinner for our 5pm check in. So I was pleased by the results....We started on vault, which is her weakest event and she scored 8.3 (first time this year getting over 8), no placement. We moved on to bars where as you may recall she has been having difficulty getting the kip after the clear hip, but for the first time this season she made it....it wasn't the prettiest thing, but she didn't hit the ground. 7.950 on bars, no place. Then on to beam where she did a clean routine, only a few bobbles but no falls and scored 8.3, good enough for 6th place. Finally, we were on floor. We were one of the last groups to the floor and the judges were getting anxious, so our girls dismounted on beam and went immediately to the floor were the warmed up in between competitors. My dd was the las on her team to compete beam, so she had to run over and didn't really get her full warm up. Her routine was ok, needs some more polish, but the scores were low 7.950 on floor. Still not qualifed for state, but showing improvement. Now we are off on vacation!!!!:)

Wow! What an eventful day! That even sounds exhausting! So glad that your dd had a great meet and to get some season highs, awesome :)

Have fun on your vacation

Sounds like a busy day! congrats to her on improving her scores!!

Improvement is a good thing! Slow and steady wins the race, right? :) Good job on her 3rd L6 meet, it is a tough level. Hope you had a fun vacation!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back