Afraid of doing a back hip on high bar...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

dreamergymnast

For some reason, I am afraid of doing a back hip circle on the high bar in fear I will fall. Any tips? I need to do this in L4...:(

Put some mats under the bar, and hold on tight. Just go for it as you would on low bar. If you do it with half your energy, half heartedly, you might not get all the way around. Don't put too much force into it but if you do, not much can happen. Have your coach stand by the bar if you think you'll fall. I've never fallen and I've never seen anyone fall, so I think your chances of falling are slim. ;)Good luck!!

Get a spot, do it from a very small cast, get a spot and do no cast bhc,, go on a bar w/ a foam pit ( if your gym has one), be confident, visualize, and on your first one pike ( I know this is bad form) so you don't have to worry about falling off underneath, put lots of mats underneath the bar, and decide that you want this skill more than you are afraid of it. Hope I helped ;)

I used to be afraid after falling badly on a baby giant(my brain is so logical). The way I overcame it was just going for it. If you've never done them, I would ask a coach to spot you until you feel comfortable doing it.

I used to be afraid after falling badly on a baby giant(my brain is so logical). The way I overcame it was just going for it. If you've never done them, I would ask a coach to spot you until you feel comfortable doing it.
I got afraid after falling off the high bar jumping to the high bar (wrong setting). A coach has spotted me before, but I haven't done a back hip circle in so long even on low bar I was afraid maybe I had lost it. So now I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

Practice than on low bar until you are comfortable doing the back hip circle. Then ask a coach to spot you on the high bar. It's the same skill. There is practically no way of failing, unless you freak yourself out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back