Parents Busted!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Becauseisaid

Proud Parent
I was watching the last hour or so of my daughter's practice on Tuesday while they were on bars. Coach had 2 groups going on 2 sets of bars and was going back and forth between them. It took me all of 30 seconds to realize that my daughter was phoning it in while the coach was at the other set of bars.

I watched my daughter do this lackluster pull over (when it was supposed to be a kip, cast) and have a squatty seat on the low bar. In the middle of her jump to the high bar, Coach started walking back to her set of bars. Flying through the air to the high bar, you could see that girl literally straighten up and...ahem...fly right. It was an amazing high bar routine with tight body and gorgeous form to have come from such a sloppy low bar routine.

I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

You just described my younger boy - EVERY single practice - but somehow he's much better in meets....wonder what he'd be like if he actually practiced properly? Believe me, his coaches are well aware of his sloppiness....thankfully patient!

Reactions: sce
You just described my younger boy - EVERY single practice - but somehow he's much better in meets....wonder what he'd be like if he actually practiced properly? Believe me, his coaches are well aware of his sloppiness....thankfully patient!

This is what my dd's coaches drill into her all.the.time. If she would just PRACTICE the way she COMPETES!

Reactions: sce
Last night, I called a girl out (not in front of others) about phoning it in during practice. She was in the line closest to me and the coach in charge was 5 lines away. She was not trying very hard (cartwheels on a line). I told her she needed to try to put her hands on the line, not just her feet. Her reply was "It's just practice." I explained that practice makes permanent. She started trying harder after that ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back