competitions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey Guys ,
I just started team and I dont really know anything about competitions . I already now you have to do a hair style for you and make sure its not loose and make sure its out of your face. But I need some hair ideas some website and pictures would help . And Do you have to wear make up for a competition ? If you do is there a certain amount that you should wear ?

Any advice ?

I guess it really depends on how old you are and what you gym policy is. Some gyms we compete against have strict hair styles. Ours doesn't. The girls can wear it anyway they want as longs as it is up and away from the face. The younger girls (under 12) tend to do things like spider-webs, corn-rows, little braids on the side to catch the stray hairs, french braids, buns. The older girls just tend to use a regular pony tail, sometimes with side braids if the hair isn't long enough in one area to be in the ponytail. the biggest thing is that it needs to look neat and it needs to be away from your face. If it is super long, you may want to ponytail it and then braid the tail. My dd's is super long and it tends to fly in her face even with a pony. We started braiding it and this helped a lot.

as for make up, check with your gym. some allow. some don't. If you do use it, do it sparingly. You are not looking to have it seen by the crowd. Not like cheerleading. Use what you would when you are going to school.

Hey Guys ,
I just started team and I dont really know anything about competitions . I already now you have to do a hair style for you and make sure its not loose and make sure its out of your face. But I need some hair ideas some website and pictures would help . And Do you have to wear make up for a competition ? If you do is there a certain amount that you should wear ?

Any advice ?

Ask your coach what your gym prefers for hair and makeup. Many gyms have certain hairstyles they prefer.

I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about hair and make up, the competition is not about your hair and make up it is about your gymnastics.

Some gyms will require you to have a set hair style and others won;t mind what you do as long as it is tidy. I wouldn't worry about a super fancy style just a pony tail is fine, just use lots of gel to keep it in place.

I don;t know where you are from but where I live most people don't wear make up for WAG competitions.

Depends on the gym policy, I would check with your coach. At DD's gym the rule is definitely no makeup or nailpolish. The coach specifies the hairstyle for the team and the ribbon/scrunchie that is worn. The main requirement for hair is that it be super neat, heaps of gel and hairspray is required.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back