Do kids trade pins etc. at camps?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DND

Proud Parent
My daughter is going to IGC in July and she is from Canada.

Do kids bring things to trade or give to other kids in their cabins from where they are from. I know when we travelled for ball tournaments we would trade or give pins from our province with other teams etc.

I don;t want to not send it if she needs it, but I also would not like to make others feel uncomfortable.

I know there are even a lot of cute bag tags etc from the dollar store so we are not talking anything extreme just something nice for her new friends.

I have sent mine with Canada key rings for their dorm mates. It cost so little at the dollare store to send them for eveyone and they all liked them. Something small and for everyone is such a sweet thing. My girls still are on touch from IGC friends frm years back. MAke sure she has a pen and paper for addresses.

I didn't see any pin trading going on though.

My DD has been going since she was 7yo and she is now 14 yo during that time there haven't been any swapping of anything except phone numbers and addresses.

Oh, I like this thread! My dd is going to IGC for the first time this summer and I have so many questions about what it's going to be like. I love the idea of bringing a little trinket from our hometown to share with all the cabinmates.

I agree with Cher's observation. My gymmie comes home with alot of cell numbers and email addresses, but has never taken or been encouraged to take anything to trade.

I remember my mother packing craft supplies for the cabin to make autograph books and we all wrote message along with our addresses and numbers.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back