Fun with Choreography :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dani had a private this evening and her coach started working on her floor routine with the new music :). They have bits and pieces so far which is a good start. The music is upbeat, fun and flirty so it will fit nicely with Dani's style and personality. It seems like the hardest part is incorporating the dance and filler into the routine. So many routines look so disjointed and awkward because most gymnasts are not dancers and it can be difficult to make the routine flow smoothly. I am glad that Dani is taking more ballet to help her with her poise and grace, but now I am thinking adding jazz or modern is not a bad idea.

What seems to be the hardest part for most optional gymnasts with their floor routines--dance, tumbling, leaps and jumps, or something else?

YAY! New floor routines are so much fun! Dani is a beautiful gymnast and with her dance experience I'm sure her routine will be stunning. We don't do compulsaries here so the girls always have their own floor routine. I agree that sometimes they look disjointed and lack flow. I guess the hardest part probably depends on each gymnasts strengths and weaknesses. Keep us posted on the progress I can't wait to see the finished product!

For my DD, it is without a doubt, the dance. She is not the "cutsey" type and is not a great dancer. It was hard finding music that fit her. She ended up with Eye of the Tiger and it was a great choice. I will be sorry when she has to change in a year.

I have a link in my Sig of one of her meets. You can see what I mean about her not being a dancer. LOL!! The sound is muted because I was talking the whole time and didn't want peopkle to have to listen to me :)

For my DD, it is without a doubt, the dance. She is not the "cutsey" type and is not a great dancer. It was hard finding music that fit her. She ended up with Eye of the Tiger and it was a great choice. I will be sorry when she has to change in a year.

I have a link in my Sig of one of her meets. You can see what I mean about her not being a dancer. LOL!! The sound is muted because I was talking the whole time and didn't want peopkle to have to listen to me :)

I'll have to watch the video when I get home tonight. Dani's style is definitely "cutesy" but she will competing as a 12 year old next year so she is in that "in between" stage of little girl and young lady. She could still probably get away with one more year of cutesy because she looks a lot younger than she is, but, it just depends on what she wants in her routine and what she is confortable doing.

They haven't started beam choreography yet, but she wants to keep her heel stretch (leg hold) to free stetch in as her "signature move" and "trademark". I have to agree that it is very original and she does it really well :). I guess every gymnast should have a move to call their own!

I will keep you all updated on the progress!

I love her leg hold. It is so beautiful. When I was a kid doing gym we were encouraged to develop our own moves.

Ours love when they get their new routines. Their beam routines they get to play with a huge amount and they can add all sorts of fun stuff. As long as it doesn't make them fall off!

Can't wait to see Dani's new routine. Baby Bog still has a nother year to go with this one.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back