giants

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

At my dd's gym, they require giants for level 7. I suppose if she can do a clear hip handstand she could two of them. I'm not sure though.

You can get your B skills from other skills (uprises, clear hips, etc.)...there is no special requirement saying "gymnast must perform giant circle"!

However, there is a composition deduction for lack of vertical elements, so if you don't go to handstand during the routine you will receive a deduction.

You can get your B skills from other skills (uprises, clear hips, etc.)...there is no special requirement saying "gymnast must perform giant circle"!

However, there is a composition deduction for lack of vertical elements, so if you don't go to handstand during the routine you will receive a deduction.

Gympanda is correct. There is no "giant" requirement for level 8. They can also take off for lack of variety in the routine. My daughter did yer entire level 8 routine on one edge of the bars because she didn't like chalk. The judge took off because she didn't use more of the bar.
Most of the types of skills you would need to put in a level 8 routine are actually more difficult to do correctly that giants, especially with the new handstand rules.

My daughter did yer entire level 8 routine on one edge of the bars because she didn't like chalk. The judge took off because she didn't use more of the bar.

Thats crazy! I hope the judge deducted all the kids who only used the middle based on that theory.

It would be wise to work on the what ever is the giant issue, as it will makes bars much easier in the long run. You could waste a lot of precious time working other elements which won't have a long term benefit.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back