Parents Great moment yesterday

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2gymkids

Proud Parent
My 6yo DD is in her gym's developmental group and got her BHC yesterday. I had happened to stay and was reading my book but as luck would have it I looked up just as she got on the bar. The best part was not the skill that she got...but that just a month or so ago when they started working on it she was in tears with her coach- she was afraid of it, thought she would never get it, etc. Whenever she mentioned to me that she'd never get it I basically told her she had to believe in herself, that her coach believed in her and she needed to, as well.
Fast forward to yesterday she was so fired up on the way home and I said "Hm, that's funny, because just a couple of weeks ago you said you'd NEVER be able to do that." Her response was "I guess that's why you should never say never!" :) Hopefully she learns from this experience to start to gain a little more confidence in herself. Lots of smiles yesterday and a proud mama for working through her fears.

That is too cute...never say never! :) Congrats to her and great that she is already learning life lessons from gymnastics!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back