Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have two part problem with my dd. This year she will be competing L5. Over the summer she was getting all of her skills and was just working on perfecting them. In Aug. she stopped getting her beam skills. I know she is having a block but it is really upsetting her. To the point now she is saying she just wants to quit( its her first block). She cries everynight when we leave the gym. What do I say to her besides you will get it?

The second part of the problem is her coach doesn't think it is a big deal. She hasn't talked to her or had her work on extra drills. She did do a private class in the beginning. My dd doesn't show how upset she is in the gym. The coach does not want to spot in the upcoming meet that is 2 weeks away. I just don't know what to do.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalkhe

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

I am new to this site. I guess I wasn't just venting!! Sorry!!

I also am sure that the coach doesn't think is a big deal because she believe my dd will get it back and has probably seen this a million times.

My DD was going through the same thing. Is there any girls from her group or an older group that can talk to her about what is happening. One of the older girls from my DD's gym came and talked to her; letting her know that it happened to her as well and how she dealt with it and it really helped. Sometimes when it comes from their peers it seems to hit a chord that they are not alone and even though it is the same things you are telling her it seems to sink in better.

It worked with my DD (still not overnight), but at least it takes away the anxiety and the wanting to quit feelings and gets them through the block period. Give it a try as who knows it may work for your DD too!

Good Luck!

The other girls have talked to her some. It does help some. My dd usually tells them she is fine and she goes on. She is very good at hiding how upset she is. Out of the gym it is all she talks about. She has always been so confident and had taken things well. It is just so hard seeing her so broken hearted.

That I totally understand...if you read a recent post of mine it was about just that. It also tied into blocks on the beam so I really know how you are feeling right now.

Just keep supporting her and letting her know you are proud of her; it will get better for bot of you.

I will pray and cross my fingers for you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back