Parents Kayla's PA Level 5 State Meet w/ Video!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi Everyone,

I have a meet report with video. First of all, Kayla was so excited going into this meet, that I was nervous that she was getting herself too wound up. Boy was I wrong...

She was a very cool, calm, and happy competitor.

1st up was bars. She is now all connected, but still has some work to be done on cast height and small form breaks. Very nice routine though and she got an 8.9 (her personal best!!!)

Next was her best event... would she stay on the beam, would she, would she. YUPP! She had a couple of balance checks - she looked to be rushing a bit to me, but she was pretty focused on banging out the best routine of her life. She scored a 9.325 which was enough for her to win 1st on BEAM!!!

Next is the fun event, floor. She has been steadily improving all season and she did not disappoint. She had a beautiful routine and scored a 9.2 (another personal best and 4th place!!!).

Vault was last. Now many of you know for years, my daughter has been afraid of vault, terrified. Scary, like a nightmare that wakes you up at night. In the past year, with a LOT of hard work, sweat and of course some tears... oh and did I mention an infinitesimal amount patience from her Coach, she did it.... She vaulted a real VAULT!!! 8.2!!! Her previous highest vault score was a 7.5 at Sectionals. With a season low of 5.95. So an 8.2 is miraculous!!!

Her All Around was 35.625 which was another personal best and 6th place! Her whole team did really well. Between 6 girls in 3 age divisions, they won 12 events and 3 all around titles. They really rocked the house. We were all thrilled and Oh So Proud of THem.

HC already posted news of their great performance on the team FB page. She always recognizes when they do well. Again, we are so happy we came back to this little gym.

Thanks everyone! Enjoy the video:

[video=youtube;Ytw9RqXmDEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytw9RqXmDEo[/video]

Beautiful!!!! She is so very good with all the little detailed movements. I see no fear or jitters or anything but a girl who loves gymnastics....and that is a wonderful thing! Congrats to her on all the personal bests, placements, and general awesomeness! What a great day and I love that your gym is already giving them praise on the FB!!! Love it! Thanks for sharing the video, I really enjoyed watching! Good luck to her as she starts her fun new stuff!

WTG to Kayla. What a great state meet. Personal bests, and Age 9 Level 5 Beam champ. And big congrats on getting that vault

What a day to pick to hit that vault!! Her beam is very nice--she really holds her positions and points the toes. Great way to end the season. Congrats to her.

Wow! What an amazing meet!! Congrats to Kayla on so many personal bests and accomplishments! And BIG congrats on beam--1st place and BEAM QUEEN!!!! Awesome job!

Sorry I haven't been on much. 12 hour night shifts will do that! She is still on cloud 9. Said tonight, "this makes me want to kick butt even more." They have an extra practice this Thursday and all the State Champs are getting their pix so she is really excited about that.

A PA State Gymnastics Championships Beanie Bear & Pin from Aunt Kathy; a pair of "grip" earings from me; a gold medal, blue ribbon, and trophy... and taken out for dessert at the Melting Pot (this was the highlight for her). I paid 5 bucks for baloons and a keychain. The decorated a plate in fudge that said Congratulations State Beam Champ. Was a really nice way to end her day.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back