WAG Level 10 bar routine-"pinging" off bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Muddlethru

Proud Parent
My daughter is pinging off the bars right before she goes into her piked jeager. This started happening recently. During the summer and beginning of the season, she was catching her jeager quite regularly and did not ping off the bars at all. She was injured right around her first meet of the season and was in a boot for three months. She continue to practice bars removing her boot. When she was finally cleared to do full practice, she started pinging. It is beginning to hurt her back as she lands flat on the mat. Anyone know what she could be doing wrong? It happens right before she releases to do her jaeger.

I am sure her coaches are on it and it's hard to say without seeing. But I am going to guess that, She is probably not dragging long enough through the bottom (or piking too early over the low bar or too much or both or all) consequently letting tap out early, then letting go at the mid tap position, causing her to release below horizontal, which will torque you off the bar. Back to Front lay and front giants. EDIT: Okay hold on I just read your post again, Do you mean peeling off the bars???? If so that could be a entire can of problems. Need to see a video. Is she bending her arms on the way down, is she re-gripping on the way down. are her wrists rotating around the bar along with her body? Does she have a shoulder angle on the way down? Impossible to say, send a video to someone here.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back