WAG Level 6 floor routine requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

rsm

Proud Parent
I saw a floor routine this weekend from a level 6 that looked like the same elements in a level 5 routine but without the FSO FHS series... So the main elements were BHS BT, FT, split leap and I think a BHS. I was just wondering what the requirements are for L6 floor. I couldn't find it on the USAG website. And I'm curious if the level 5 floor routine could actually be used for L6 without any changes. Seems strange to me since this L6 routine didn't look any harder than L5, so I was curious. And what would be missing from the L5 routine to get all the elements for L6? I imagine there is a thread about this somewhere, but I couldn't find it in the search.

i don't know the requirements but our gym requires 3 passes-- a Ro-BHS-BT; RO-BHS-BLO or pike (which my daughter does) and a front tumbling pass (my DD does just a front tuck; some do FHS/FT)

The L6 floor requirements:
FLOOR (Max. time: 1:15)
1. One acro series, with a min. of 3 directly connected flight or non-flight acro elements, flight with or without hand support

2. One salto or aerial acro element (bwd, fwd, swd) (Isolated or in a 2nd series)

1. Dance Passage w/ min. of 2 different Group 1 elements (directly or indirectly connected) - one a LEAP w/ 180° cross or side split

2. Minimum of 360° turn on one foot (May be isolated or in a series)

The difficulty in L6 is not any more difficult than L5 which is why it is not a USAG required level.

Thanks! Our gym does at least two series for L6. So I had thought that was what was required. Good to know the actual requirements.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back