Level 6 meet report and pictures!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Great meet today. I am always greatful for well-organzied, on-time meets with good photographers (even if purchasing the pictures can put a major crimp in my bank account!). It was two weeks since Kathy's last meet and she was on vacation for 10 days of that, so I was just hoping for her not to have any major back-sliding from the last meet, but she did great!

Went out 9 places...

Vault first. 8.675, 5th place. Tough vault scoring today. Hardly any 9's.
Then to bars. 8.250 (this was her first 8 on bars so far so she was really excited. Missed her squat-on every time in warm-up and made it in competition. Whoo hoo!) 9th place
Beam... nicest I've seen her do. Hardly any bobbles... 9.225, 2nd place!!!!
Floor... not bad, no falls... 8.350. 9th place.
AA 34.50, 7th place

So, 1st meet a 32.9, 2nd meet a 33.6, and 3rd meet a 34.5. Up and up she goes! So proud of my girl!

beam 3 small.jpgbeam 4 small.jpgbeam 5 small.jpgbeam 6 small.jpgbeam 1 small.jpg

Great meet even better attitudes and beautiful hair! I am so impressed with your pictures, you got some great shots. She is obviously been working hard on keeping her toes pointed.

WTG to your DD. Sounds like she just keeps getting better and better. Way to go getting that squat on..she just didnt want to waste it in warm-up..she was saving it for when it mattered..lol. Great on beam. And I love the pictures. Esp the very last one..LOVE that smile

She is just doing fantastic !!!! improvements @ each meet. well on her way to a great season. the pictures are beautiful. I have never purchased any because they are so darn expensive. One time HC got a cd of all the girls & each parent chipped in, would love to do that again !!! I just can't swing $60 for a cd on top of all the other costs.

Were you at the Liberty Cup? My dd competed there yesterday and I spent a small fortune on pictures too.

Yup, that's the one. I was happy to have the pics when we left though. This same company did level 5 state pics last year, and they said the pics would take 4-6 weeks for delivery and it was 6 weeks to the day. States was a distant memory by then!

You know what brought tears to my eyes? Her best gym friend did beam immediately before her and fell off three times (she had a pretty bad fall/beam bite during warm-ups that shook her up quite a bit). When Kathy finished beam (and she had to know she rocked it... Just look at her grin) she didn't stand around and look for her score or anything. She made a bee-line for her crying friend and sat next to her and put her arm around her. I don't even think she was looking when they flashed her score.

Great job to your DD!! And great photos! My DD's meet had a professional photographer yesterday but there weren't really any good ones...:(

Pretty impressive scores for level 6, especially with the 10 day break in training! It's pretty spectacular just how quickly her scores have gone up since meet 1, no small task in level 6. And breaking that 8 mark on bars is awesome! What a cutie, and a sweetheart too. Her new coaches have to be thrilled to have such a team player at their gym.

Those are some awesome pics!! That combined with all the improvements and knowing that she is such a good friend to her teammates!! Thats the best !!

Love all of it! So great that she consistently improves so much each year over the course of the season (I remember her level 5 scores doing kind of the same thing). Glad she made the stupid squat on too. Love the pics, too. Congrats to her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back