Level 9 State Meet update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3rd_time_around

Proud Parent
Judge
Thank you all for the good luck wishes. My daughter was feeling much better today. Her meet, though not stellar, went well. She qualified to regionals with a 35.975 AA, and placed 3rd in the state. Also, 5th on vault and floor and 3rd on bars.

She had a fall on beam, just looked off today, and kept wobbling, but still an 8.4. Her floor started ok, then got a little stumbly, and by the 3rd tumbling pass she looked exhausted. I was afraid she wasn't going to be able to make it, but she did her double full and landed it with no falls. She said after that she thought she was going to pass out! I thought so! Her being sick affected her more than she thought it would. Her team placed 7th out of 16, so pretty good for a team of 3.

I can't post videos because I couldn't find my digital camera and had to use a video camera. Don't know how to put video tape onto a computer. Now it's on to New Orleans---how we will do that, I'm not sure. Need some ideas for quick and profitable fund-raising!!

Great news for your DD, glad she managed to qualify despite being sick. SOmetimes this sport is a matter of who is not sick or injured on the day.

Congrats to her! She did great, especially considering she was sick and still not 100% back probably with her strength. Good luck to her at Regionals!

Good for her!! Considering how she felt last week, qualifying for Regionals is pretty impressive. :) Just found out that the level 9 at DD's gym also made Regionals for Region 8, so they will be seeing you there. Can't believe that you guys have to go to New Orleans! Good luck! :cool:

YAY!! thats really good now on to regionals. Sounds like it was a pretty successful meet despite the fall because she was probably not 100% after being sick. She is going to great at regionals.

Excellent news! Now that she's well she'll rock at regionals! fundraising? Stick the leo in a backpack, stick out your thumb, and sleep in the youth hostel. ;P Regionals or bust!

WTG to you DD. Sounds like she had a decent meet, regardless of still being weak from being sick. What a trooper.

Congrats to your dd on qualifying to Regionals and having such a great meet (even if she was a tad bit under the weather!) My dd always falls on beam, it's that darn series! Good luck at Regionals, when are they? My dd qualified also and she competes on 4/10. She's been out of the gym the last 2 days due to cold/fever/blah feeling! Hopefully she will get back in there either today or tomorrow to get back in the groove of things!

Congrats to your DD! 35.975 is completely stellar in my book! Have a great time at regionals! The only thing I can think of as a quick moneymaker is to sell old leos or clothes on ebay! Good Luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back