new grips? finger holes!?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How tight should the finger grips be..? they kind of hurt my fingers and after i took them off my fingers were swelled up a little bit. they also take forever to get off cause they are stuck on my fingers. Im not sure weather or not to sand them and open them up a bit. I don't wanna open them up a bit and realize that i just had to adjust :x how tight should they be?

i don't like grips..

P.S does anyone know what value of a front full in USAG? ( a b c d etc.)

thank you in advance! <3

Everyone hates grips at first but you'll get used to them and soon not be able to do bars without them. Although you probably do need to adjust a little, they sound too tight. If your fingers swell and it causes significant pain then definitely loosen and stretch the finger holes more. Good luck, hopefully you get used to them quickly!

How tight should the finger grips be..? they kind of hurt my fingers and after i took them off my fingers were swelled up a little bit. they also take forever to get off cause they are stuck on my fingers. Im not sure weather or not to sand them and open them up a bit. I don't wanna open them up a bit and realize that i just had to adjust :x how tight should they be?

i don't like grips..

P.S does anyone know what value of a front full in USAG? ( a b c d etc.)

thank you in advance! <3

tuck front full is a b and a layout is a c.

ask your dad to get some sandpaper. roll it up like a cigar the size of the finger hole. then very gently...and i mean gently tell your dad to router the hole. clockwise then counter clockwise. and slowly. and little at a time until the finger hole rest comfortable down on the first digit of your fingers. and do not assume the same amount of turns on each hole. each finger size is just a bit different and they must be done one at a time and slowly. and i mean slowly.

make sure they are on the right spot on your fingers they shouldn't be at the bottom of your fingers near the palms but more towards the tips. My DD use to force them right down the length of the finger and wondered why they were tight.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back