WAG Peeled off the bar, sprained elbow!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
Well, got my first gymnastics injury yesterday! I was on the high bar with a pit on one side and mats on the other, I was facing the pit. I simply did a kip cast and swung forward and on the back swing my grips just slipped off the bar. There was no way I could hold on! So as I was falling I didn't quite realize what was happening, I thought I wasn't as high from the ground as I was so I put my arms out in front of me (stupid, I know) and by the time I realized my arms shouldn't be there I didn't have time to move them. Instinct, you know?

So an x-Ray concluded no breaks but it could be sprained or it could be ligaments, I'll go to the ortho this week! So please end your thoughts and prayers that it's not to serious! I'm hoping to not be out to long!

Yikes! Hope you heal quickly! My DD sprained her elbow a few months ago. She did a shoot through and was too far forward or something.. She shot straight through! A splint and sling for a bit and she was good as new. It wasn't too long, thankfully. She didn't stay out of gym the whole time.

He actually stayed on really well! A little difficult to know what to hang on to whenever the bar explodes into several pieces.

Off topic but bars related. My DD just turned 8 and training kip cast to handstand on bars. Today I noticed a big bruise (size of a big coin )on her tummy(low , where bars would hit while casting) she would not let me even touch it - hurts. Anything I can do to help?

Oh gosh, yeah it wasn't that bad!
But verdict is, I dislocated 2 bones and sprained it as well. At least I didn't break it!

My daughter did a huge peel last year and hurt her back. She has healed nicely due to quick PT. She still gets twinges in the mid back but her flexibilty is still very good amd we keep up with back care and massages. Peeling is not a fun thing to go through but you will heal - and I hope very soon so you can do all the things you love to do.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back