WAG Sharing an Xcel Bronze Routine, per suggestion. 8.275

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, with 44 judges (throwing out the high and low scores), this Xcel Bronze Routine scored an 8.275.
Granted, the judges have NEVER seen Xcel Bronze before… AND they were all between the ages of 7 and 17…AND many of them are in Level 3 or Level 4, so have never dealt with Start Values before.
They were given the Special Requirements. They had to determine if they were met or not (and they did not know about the "additional allowable skills")… AND they were only allowed to take deductions for the following:
Bent knees (-0.10 per occurrence)
Flexed feet (-0.05 per occurrence)
Falls (-0.50 per occurrence)

The gymnast is going to be 42 in 2 days and has NEVER done gymnastics before.

If you would like to offer your own score (based on listed allowed deductions), feel free. For simplicity sake, it should have a 9.5 Start Value.

I couldn't begin to actually give it a score but I will say I loved it....truly entertaining and impressive. It goes to show that gym is for everyone!!
Thank you. I have always believed that gym was for everyone... even someone who is "just a driver" and has watched meets for 7 years now :)

He wants the girls to know it is OK to make mistakes... it isn't the end of the world!

I LOVE IT!!!!! I tell DD all the time even the professionals make mistakes.....we are only human and nobody is perfect. He is awesome for getting out there and doing his thing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back