Parents State Meet Vent

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
Dd did a great job at the State meet but I need to vent. Beam is really her event. She sticks the CW 90% of the time and never messes up at competition. I was soooo sad to see her wobble big time, but she saved it ( she didn't fall). With the first place going with a 9.125, the coach was certain she would have easily had it. She was disappointed for about 5 seconds...........So we are all done with L4 and what a relief the season is over...
LET IT GO!!!!!

My DD missed Super Camp because she fell on her press HS mount at State....a skill she also hit 100% of the time in competitions. It IS so sad that one mistake can cost them so much. But yeah...at least the season is over.

It's hard to see them make mistakes and deal with disappointment. Sounds like she's done great overall. Ont to new skills!

Dd did a great job at the State meet but I need to vent. Beam is really her event. She sticks the CW 90% of the time and never messes up at competition. I was soooo sad to see her wobble big time, but she saved it ( she didn't fall). With the first place going with a 9.125, the coach was certain she would have easily had it. She was disappointed for about 5 seconds...........So we are all done with L4 and what a relief the season is over...
LET IT GO!!!!!

beam is a 4 letter word...:)

Yes, she is.....the CGM in me is having a harder time!!!SILENTLY!

That's usually the way... after DD didn't qualify for States at her last meet, she was over it by morning. I hurt for her for another week :( (if she hadn't fallen off beam she would have made it...)

Reactions: sce
My dd missed her dismount on beam at States - the first time she's ever missed it at a meet!!!! She ended up getting her season best scores on the other three events, but that darn beam!!!! Of course she was over it before the meet was even over. I, however, was a bit bummed for her. I'm glad our kids are so resilient.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back