WAG State meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Natasha

Proud Parent
This was a short season! My dd didn't start competing until February due to injury, and now states are in 10 days. We just received the schedule- 8AM start time (ugh) and she is all by herself again this year. The rest of her team will be competing in the next session after her. My DH can't come, so that means I am by myself again too. I really miss the team at these state competitions! Anyone else getting ready for States?

DD doesn't have States till April, but she's likely to be alone as well, as she was last year. Actually, last year she was the only one on her team who competed on Sunday... the rest were on Saturday. Poor coaches, staying over an extra night for just one kid. She would much rather be with her team... or at least be with SOMEONE from her team... but she had a good States meet last year, so hopefully it will be the same this year.

This was a short season! My dd didn't start competing until February due to injury, and now states are in 10 days. We just received the schedule- 8AM start time (ugh) and she is all by herself again this year. The rest of her team will be competing in the next session after her. My DH can't come, so that means I am by myself again too. I really miss the team at these state competitions! Anyone else getting ready for States?
We have State at 8am Sunday morning. It's L's very first time going and will be competing at Level 4. She's super excited!

Yes, we are getting ready too. All 3 of my girls have different state meets...so when I say "we"...I literally mean "we". LOL.
Good luck to your DD next weekend!

Sunday March 24 9 am, my DD's first time NOT alone!!! She has waited 6 years to compete with a teammate (actually 2!) at States! Our whole team will be there to support all sessions <3 our team!

Alex is also alone this year at states. She competes Sunday March 24th at 11:30 and the rest of her team competes in the session after. She competed by herself back in level 4. The upside is that she has her coaches undivided attention. Plus she always enjoys meeting new people so she likes getting to know girls from other teams.

This is our first year on team and I am curious, why are all the girls alone? Are they the only girls that made state or do they regularly split up the teams to compete? My daughter would not be pleased to be alone!

This is our first year on team and I am curious, why are all the girls alone? Are they the only girls that made state or do they regularly split up the teams to compete? My daughter would not be pleased to be alone!

At States they are split by age groups so all girls of same age range compete at the same time. Sometimes 2 smaller groups may be put together.

My DD has always been the youngest by 2-3 years, so she has never been with anyone from her own team, although she has gotten to know girls from other teams over the years. This year her group spans 14 months so she is the youngest of her group and one of her teammates is the oldest!

My DD is competing in States this Sunday. She will be with at least one other girl on her team because they are only 3 months apart in age. I will miss being with all the other moms though so I might just go early so I can see some of them at the session before ours. I'm not expecting a lot since it's my girl's first year, but I hope she has some fun. :)

In our State, L4 is split in "open" and "novice" determined by their highest AA score of the season. They are then split by ages so there are usually 4 sessions for L4. L5 is split into two sessions, open and novice. L7 and L8 are also split into two sessions, older and younger. Xcel levels are also split by ages. In compulsories my dd had other girls her age on her team, but for L7 and L8 she has been the youngest on her team by almost 2 years, so she has been in the younger session by herself. The few meets that my dd competed in this year had mostly out of state teams in our sessions, so she has not seen hardly any girls from other teams that she knows so far this year.

Yes, we are getting ready too. All 3 of my girls have different state meets...so when I say "we"...I literally mean "we". LOL.
Good luck to your DD next weekend!

Good Luck to your girls! Traveling and paying admission fees for 3 different state meets!! Ouch!! Good luck to you too! My youngest wants to join team this year- I am dreading it!

My daughter is Friday,22nd... Unusual for the Level 9/10 group to be on a Friday ugh... Easier for the little kids to miss school.

We are gearing up for states this month as well. One dd has the perfect start time (Saturday afternoon) and one is the dreaded 8 am. Here's hoping we qualify for regionals!!!

:) Best wishes for all the gymmies going to States this weekend and for the parents too. Dd has a sectional meet this weekend @ 8:00am ugh. States is 1st weekend in April.

Yup, State is the 23rd-24th here. My DD competes mid-day that Saturday. In the past she's always competed alone, so it'll be nice having her teammates there with her (level 10--all age groups are at the same time)

My Dd has States next weekend too. She competes on Saturday afternoon. She is a L9 and all ages are together.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back