USAG L4 Bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just had a meet yesterday and my bar routine was great up to my leg cut. My leg cut is horrible. My legs a severly bent and I just barely get my foot over the bar and it normally hits the bar slightly anyway. Does anyone have any tips, drill, conditioning, for leg cuts? I really need help!:eek:

If you have a pommel horse in your gym, try practicing your leg cut on there. holding on to the side handles should give you a little more stability and the larger apparatus will help to keep your leg elevated. Practice several on there and then go back to the bars and try again. Also make sure that you are keeping your arms very straight and your body upright. Good luck.

The pommel horse drill is great. You can also practice putting a block in front of you at waist height and resting your leg on. Then, lift your front leg up, and move it over the side of the block and next to your standing leg. Repeat.

- front support on the bar, shift weight back and forth lifting one hand off the bar and then the other

- leg cut on a very low bar, like a quad bar where you can reach the ground with your bottom leg, or w/ mats built up so you don't have to support your weight with your arms and can just focus on the leg cut

- leg cut on beam

- thomas touches (shoulder touches) in push-up and hs against wall

- leg cuts to the front, like in the level 3 routine

- leg cuts back and forth over the bar either with a spot or standing on a box/mat

same here

ur level4 rite well so am i have the same prob :eek: help me plez

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back